Stephan Lichtsteiner (534 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
[/COLOR]
The ONLY reason that Litch should leave is that IF we use that money to get Jojo AND Dzeko/Llorente. If not then we should keep him.
No matter who we get, we won't improve enough to match the improvement that PSG will make from this transfer. PSG should just listen to Zlatan and get Abate.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Do you have a personal vendetta against Licht? :wth:
I don't, I like him a lot. I just have the impression (as it's impossible to know for sure) that Marotta may be struggling with money to get the big player and someone good for the lwb. And I think he doesn't feature in Conte's first team plans. It would be a waste to let such a good guy on the bench, and his value would definitely decrease by the end of the season.

---------- Post added 17.08.2012 at 20:11 ----------

The ONLY reason that Litch should leave is that IF we use that money to get Jojo AND Dzeko/Llorente. If not then we should keep him.
It's unreal to think we can get both. Without selling Litch, I'm afraid we could end up with neither.

Selling him, one between Dzeko (25M) and Jovetic (30) would be very, very likely. And if u ask me if I'd trade Litch for any of them 2, yes I would. Specially for Jovetic. He could be very, very important for Juventus' near future (and present).

I just don't get attached to a player like u guys do.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Marotta:"Abbiamo già rifiutato offerte per alcuni giocatori,del doppio di quanto li abbiamo pagati,vuol dire che la società vuole vincere.

FORZA BEPPE!

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
It would not be a waste to have lich on the bench. Point is, lich is a fantastic player and he would play. We don just need a quality starting 11, we need a quality bench aswell. Even if lich were to not start every game, he would be a great sub. Plus I think him and isla competing for a starting spot would bring out the best in both of them.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Marotta:"Abbiamo già rifiutato offerte per alcuni giocatori,del doppio di quanto li abbiamo pagati,vuol dire che la società vuole vincere.

FORZA BEPPE!
I dont speak Italian, but I think this is the meaning:

"We have already refused offers for a few players, of the double of the amount we've payed for them, it means that this club wants to win"

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
It would not be a waste to have lich on the bench. Point is, lich is a fantastic player and he would play. We don just need a quality starting 11, we need a quality bench aswell. Even if lich were to not start every game, he would be a great sub. Plus I think him and isla competing for a starting spot would bring out the best in both of them.
U are right. I just don't think he's suited for the position in a 352.

Anyway, if its possible to keep him and get the due guys, maraveglia :)

---------- Post added 17.08.2012 at 20:18 ----------

:tup:
I like that mentality.
It's pretty cool actually.

Just hope he has the means to get the top striker.

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010

FORZA BEPPE!
Now that's a statement one would want to hear more often!

And yes, this is risky. It's a gamble. Selling a solid and well established player, trusting an injured guy will handle it well and that we we'll get the CF we want.

I'd do it, if the money received is available. Jovetic will be ours for 30M, and regardless of money, if u ask me if I would exchange Litch for Jovetic, I would.
I'm glad you understand this basic concept. It is indeed not wise to do such thing at this stage.

On the last part, the thing is we do not know that for sure. Fiorentina know very well Jovetic is their most prized asset and from the looks of it attempt to build a team around him. While he appears not to have made up his mind yet and I think he would prefer to stay and move at a later stage of his career. Who knows we can only speculate.

The other problem I can think of is our board's reluctance to spend big on one player. We've seen these last two years that this is not how our new board operates so far and I think they would prefer a deal invlolving less cash upfront, a few bonuses and a few players also. Something Fiorentina won't be very fond of.

This is just my humble opinion. For me Juve handling Fiorentina 30 million for Stevan is highly unlikely.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I wouldn't sell Licht. His mentality and calibre are of an exemplary standard and will be used as a yardstick for new recruits. A lot of us see, to think 20m in this transfer will be used to procure Jovetic. I'm afraid it won't. I can't see Vucinic, Jovetic, Giovinco, Quag/Matri and Dzeko/Llorente fight it out for two spots. It's a top 5-7 European attacking line up but I'm not so sure such well paid players will be benched on a weekly basis. I'd love our line up to look like that, but not at the expense of somebody who brings as much finesse to our back line, and especially not when we don't even know a sale would guarantee anything since Marrotta has not dealt with players over the region of 15m.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 533)