Stephan Lichtsteiner (97 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Everyone just ignoring that it was his slip that played a major part in Fiorentina's goal?

I'm not particularly blaming him for that - these things happen - but I would suggest it means he can't be considered to have had a great game.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I missed the goal (somehow if I make a cup of cappuccino, I miss a goal for or against), was it a big blunder or understandable misshap? Because he was really excellent out there, particularly improved his offensive output, from his usual "cross to nowhere" approach (plus Pasqual was suffering bad). But also think, he, like Pepe, benifited quite a bit from having the safety of 3 CMs helping them out, there was allways a CM close to play off or help out.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Everyone just ignoring that it was his slip that played a major part in Fiorentina's goal?

I'm not particularly blaming him for that - these things happen - but I would suggest it means he can't be considered to have had a great game.
Definitely true. He was great aside from that though.

He came across to cover the cross, but slipped at the last second, at least thats how I saw it, unlucky really
hehe I love Licht but to be fair if it was PDC or Motta who made that slip then everyone would have torn into him for that.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I missed the goal (somehow if I make a cup of cappuccino, I miss a goal for or against), was it a big blunder or understandable misshap?
He just slipped.

If he'd stayed on his feet he could have got out closer to Jovetic to prevent the shot or Barzagli wouldn't have felt the need to try and cover Lichtsteiner, so he may have been closer to Jovetic.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
He just slipped.

If he'd stayed on his feet he could have got out closer to Jovetic to prevent the shot or Barzagli wouldn't have felt the need to try and cover Lichtsteiner, so he may have been closer to Jovetic.
He also slipped in the last moment where Gilardino almost had a shot.
Licht have been playing undisputedly as a RB without getting subbed not to mention he's the most active player on the pitch, sooner or later his gas will run out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)