Stephan Lichtsteiner (86 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Strengths Lichtsteiner is blessed with quick pace and an untiring fitness – two qualities which are essential for modern full-backs. He is an ever present figure in both attack and defence and has shown leadership abilities. He is a pretty good crosser and delivered 193 crosses towards the strikers last season, more than most right-backs in Serie A.

Weaknesses
Lichtsteiner is good when going on his trademark overlaps but his defensive ability is not top class as he is at times caught out of position. Under Hitzfeld, his defending has improved but it still remains to be seen how well he’d cope with top class wingers. He is also prone to rash challenges at times. Last season he registered eight yellow cards in Serie A – highest among Lazio players.

---

Read the rest of the profile if you so desire- http://www.thehardtackle.com/index.php/under-the-microscope-stephan-lichtsteiner/

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
yeah I'm wondering this myself have I missed something? Are they still discussing salary with him or why isn't it official? Or is it but hasn't caught my attention?
It's official..

Perhaps there waiting to see if they can wrap up aguero? or honda? to present both at once

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Finally a decent fullback, as far as I m concerned this is the wisest post calciopoli transfer.
A great player, proven in Italy and national level, in great shape, age and for a great fee.
And above all, a massive improvement to our current material.
This is how you efficiently improve a team, by replacing the weaklings with quality material!
Well done to the ones responsible for this.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Finally a decent fullback, as far as I m concerned this is the wisest post calciopoli transfer.
A great player, proven in Italy and national level, in great shape, age and for a great fee.
And above all, a massive improvement to our current material.
This is how you efficiently improve a team, by replacing the weaklings with quality material!
Well done to the ones responsible for this.
Completely agreed, Cron...Those goons who have denounced Marotta as a complete imbecile hellbent on ruining our club are forced to quieten down a little, just for a while...its a great move, for a great price. Andrea Agnelli also deserves some praise for this, as he must have allowed a change of system regarding how much influence the manager has in terms of transfers, and now it seems more like how it should be, but hasn't been for several years ; our manager chooses his team, not the sporting director alone.

Ziegler, Pirlo, Pazienza, Lichsteiner, Gabriel Appelt + his brother (when is this official???)...and possibly Bastos/Honda...Aguero/Rossi...and another RB.

My main focus is split between who we can get rid of, and who of the potentials above we can get. Its ultra important to move on iaquinta, amauri, grosso, grygera, motta, momo...They are all dangerous to our future progress if remaining in the squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)