Stephan Lichtsteiner (26 Viewers)

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #66
    so my thread gets reported to the mods, hmm...

decision soon...

we have agreed that the person who reported me and gave a -rep cannot, I repeat cannot open a player thread eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

:D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    So I'm the only one who thinks this is a rather average transfer.
    He's not like signing Lilian Thuram from Parma, but realistically we don't have much of a chance of signing someone better unless we fork over mad cash. In Serie A, we can all argue who's better, perhaps Isla is, some will say Cassani, obviously Maicon is better, but who else is there? In foreign leagues we have Beck who is a very good and relatively young RB, in France there are some decent talents, but nothing of the same reputation as Lichtsteiner. He's not world class by any means, but he's a good player.

Remember what I said about Isla. He hasn't played in a 4-back system regularly. For both Chile and in Udine, he plays as a wing-back or wide midfielder. That's not what we are after. So at least Marotta is making sense from a tactical perspective for a change. We aren't using a 3-back system.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    He's not like signing Lilian Thuram from Parma, but realistically we don't have much of a chance of signing someone better unless we fork over mad cash. In Serie A, we can all argue who's better, perhaps Isla is, some will say Cassani, obviously Maicon is better, but who else is there? In foreign leagues we have Beck who is a very good and relatively young RB, in France there are some decent talents, but nothing of the same reputation as Lichtsteiner. He's not world class by any means, but he's a good player.

Remember what I said about Isla. He hasn't played in a 4-back system regularly. For both Chile and in Udine, he plays as a wing-back or wide midfielder. That's not what we are after. So at least Marotta is making sense from a tactical perspective for a change. We aren't using a 3-back system.
    :tup:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
    Apr 12, 2009
    so my thread gets reported to the mods, hmm...

decision soon...

we have agreed that the person who reported me and gave a -rep cannot, I repeat cannot open a player thread eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

:D
    You can have the thread but you have to admit that joke was pretty funny.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    This signing works for me. Thank God we didn't go after Cassani.

Having a solid/strong/hardworking RB to support Krasic is just what we need (Krasic too). Krasic will up his performance now that he won't have to worry about Motta/Grygera and will have a solid player to work/run just as hard on that right flank.

Licht/Krasic are going to be very annoying for the left side of opposition teams.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
    Apr 12, 2009

Having a solid/strong/hardworking RB to support Krasic is just what we need (Krasic too). Krasic will up his performance now that he won't have to worry about Motta/Grygera and will have a solid player to work/run just as hard on that right flank.

Licht/Krasic are going to be very annoying for the left side of opposition teams.
    When did Krasic worry about Motta/Grygera? it's not like he was defending the majority of the 90 min's.

I'm quite curious why you think Cassani is the lesser player than Lichtsteiner?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001

Cassani himself? the Palermo player? are you sure you are not mixing him with Cassetti? I would have loved if we got Cassani instead of this one..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Cassani is an overrated player who didn't get his first call up until age 26. He's another "late bloomer" who some here love, but really hasn't established himself as a proven quality player. One season with Palermo doesn't make him anything special. The only reason why some like him is because if his highlight reels.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Cassani is an overrated player who didn't get his first call up until age 26. He's another "late bloomer" who some here love, but really hasn't established himself as a proven quality player. One season with Palermo doesn't make him anything special. The only reason why some like him is because if his highlight reels.
    Amauri. :seven:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
    Apr 12, 2009
    He did have Zambrotta before him in the picking order and coaches that didn't allow much change in the squad (donadoni and lippi's second spell)
    Hasn't proven himself to be a quality player? I beg to differ, got nominated almost every week for the RB spot in the Serie A team of the week. He's been impressive for more seasons now.

Probably along with Cassano, Chiellini, Rossi and Balzaretti the best players in Italy's first choice line-up.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Cassani is a fine player IMO. His delivery is second to his running but I would definitely take him as a starting RB.

Hopefully we will sign Beck as an alternative to the Swiss guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)