Stephan Lichtsteiner - RB - Nazio (53 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
ranieri based his defensive system by playing a high line, rather than building a defence that could physically defend
I hope also Conte can build something like that , and now we have also strong physically defenders like Swissguy,Chiellini,Bonucci it would be awesome if they menage to build that "high line" and when it's needed to play agresive physically defence .

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I hope also Conte can build something like that , and now we have also strong physically defenders like Swissguy,Chiellini,Bonucci it would be awesome if they menage to build that "high line" and when it's needed to play agresive physically defence .
from my understanding of conte and how he likes to play, he does like to play a high defensive line to compress the midfield. whether he can deploy it effectively with this bunch is another matter.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i'm not so shure about high line, it requires good positioning (bonucci :sergio: ), and a fast backline

legro had the positioning, and the fullbacks and chiellini had the speed

but i read couple of times conte spends alot of attention to the defence, so i'm eager to see how he will handle it

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I wonder what would have happened if they fired the board instead of ranieri back then

finishing second and third, in the champions league

getting the transfers he wanted

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #771
    Ranieri was a good coach, it was a mistake in letting him go.

He wanted Xabi Alonso and Secco bought Amauri instead, leaving no more money to buy Xabi, and buying Poulsen instead :sergio:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Ranieri had lost the squad's belief, there was no other option.
    yeah, but as trequartista mentions, he wasent backed by the board

very hard to do a good job like that, and we werent really bulking of talent back then, despite nedved and del piero trolling back the years

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    Ranieri was a good coach, it was a mistake letting him go.

He wanted Xabi Alonso and Secco bought Amauri instead, leaving no more money to buy Xabi, and buying Poulsen instead :sergio:
    I don't think the mistake was letting him go, but replacing him with Ferrara. He did a good job to get us back to near the top and we could have really done with a coach like Hiddink or so who could take us to actually competing for the title. After Ranieri, we just went backwards :sergio:

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #775
    I thouhgt it was Ranieri who wanted Poulsen insted of Xabi :boh:
    Nope, it wasn't. Well, that's according to a Ranieri interview I listened to. He explained several mercato decisions.

Secco was such an idiot.

Ranieri is a good coach, he deserves a Serie A title. It is a shame he has never won it.

This is the interview.

A summary by Stucazzo:

CLAUDIO RANIERI: "Poulsen e Diego: le mie verità" - da "La Juve in Gol" con Claudio Zuliani

An interview with Ranieri and Zuliani...

quick overview .. of some questions Zuliani ask Ranieri

Zuliani ask Ranieri what are the current problems in this Juventus.. Can a team be constructed in 5 years with 7 different coaches?... Ranieri said at his time at Juve he had 5 WC players now, there is only 2 left DP and Buffon and that juve now need time and patience to build..

Talks about the transfer rumors with Xabi Alonso which he stated he really wanted but, at that time the budget was only 20 million and not enough for Amauri and Alonso... Stated that originally he wanted Flamini to poulsen at 0 cost but, milan grabbed him.

He said during his time in the transfer window all three need to agree on a player( Blanc, Secco and Ranieri) and all the players that arrive to Juve need to be agreed upon by all 3 except for Diego seemed like Blanc wanted him more.

He goes on saying we had a 20 millo euro budget and stats lets forget if it was invested good or bad( just talking about the budget)... Amauri was already bought and they didn't have enough for alonso.. He gets in the whole Poulsen transfer saying he wanted alonso as many saying it 20 times but, then if they bought alonso they couldn't buy amauri so he opted to try and get flamini and build the team starting with them two. He said that Flamini is not a Alonso type player more like a poulsen..

He talks about then they had to buy either a registra like pirlo or Melo....

Zuliani question about DIEGO..Ranieri, " I never said I didn't want Diego. I said that this team is built on a 4-4-2 with 2 esterni very particular with Camo and Nedved cutting the Defense back lines." He wanted to get a replacement for Nedved and he said it was Blanc who wanted the likes of Ribery. Blanc said they couldn't do it because of the money.. so, then Diego was mentioned and ranieri said he would need to change Juve's tactical system and couldn't insert Diego in his system.

May 4, 2011
    Well it was Conte that helped the development of Bonucci and Ranocchia while they were at bari and the latter even spoke of his detail and attention to defense...so hopefully that translates in our play next season

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)