Stephan Lichtsteiner - RB - Nazio (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
and your sure about this, are you?
Yes I'm fairly sure. If you watched a lot of the goals we conceded last season were from our weak flanks. How would Aguero scoring more stop that leak of goals from those flanks? I'm not saying he's not an important acquisition but SS isn't more important than our leaky defense.

You're not going to win more by trying to outscore your opponent.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yes I'm fairly sure. If you watched a lot of the goals we conceded last season were from our weak flanks. How would Aguero scoring more stop that leak of goals from those flanks? I'm not saying he's not an important acquisition but SS isn't more important than our leaky defense.

You're not going to win more by trying to outscore your opponent.
We never could maintain possession and we need strikers that don't need a million chances to score. Either way you look at it, lack of possession is a big reason for conceding.

For the hundreth time, I know we need full backs but the need for a WC creative force to lead our attack is just as important.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
you like creative players, perhaps i translated that wrong, but thats the point of what i wanted to say

didnt mean anything wrong with that
Ok. They way it translated was making it sound I preferred offense players over defensive ones, which is wrong. I just happen to think having a WC SS would do wonders for the team, but I also recognize the need for full backs

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Ok. They way it translated was making it sound I preferred offense players over defensive ones, which is wrong. I just happen to think having a WC SS would do wonders for the team, but I also recognize the need for full backs
i'm convinced with a solid defence, a WC SS would lead us to glory

hence, we dont play in europe, we should target 1 price comming season

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
We never could maintain possession and we need strikers that don't need a million chances to score. Either way you look at it, lack of possession is a big reason for conceding.

For the hundreth time, I know we need full backs but the need for a WC creative force to lead our attack is just as important.
Maybe there was an overall team related problem to us conceding but there was without a doubt a clear linkage to conceding and having poor fullbacks. Moreover, if Conte is to play a 4-2-4 which is likely then we will need wingers and fullbacks for that formation perhaps even more than we need a SS. I never said getting fullbacks were more important than getting a SS but if you want to put our losses down to not holding possession than how do you think Aguero is going to improve that dramatically? If we wanted to improve our possession football that means buying the best possible CMs not the best possible SS. Neither the SS or any other position is more important than the other but if we want to bring in world beaters and game changers without laying the basic foundations of a good team in the 4-2-4 formation, our season is bound for failure before the first kick off.
We desperately need a classy LW and competent fullbacks in order to have any success next season. Sorry to annoy you but there are no 'bigger fish to fry' than those two criteria.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Hustini is having another one of those "get an attacker before a defender" discussions. Don't bother Nenna.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I want us to sort out the RB and LW positions before we even consider looking at SS's.

Signing Aguero would be fucking fantastic and would represent our biggest transfer since Ibra in 2004. But without fixing up the proper deficincies in other areas of the pitch - and there are many TBH - then it is no use blowing a massive chunk of our budget (if not all of it?) on him at this moment in time.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
What are the better available alternatives for the RB position than Lichtsteiner? I had a minor obsession with Coentrao because he was so rare - an available world class full back but Real always have to ruin everything. There doesn't seem to be many world class options out there by the looks of it.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
There isn't any available WC RB's at the moment you are right. But there are some solid/good/decent options (Licht, Beck, Cassani) who will come in do a job and be a big improvement over the likes of Grygera and Motta. There is a whole host of LM/LW's on the market that we HAVE to make a play for (Bastos, Dzsudzsakand the dream...Hazard).

Like I said Id rather we sort out our main "problem" areas first and then focus on a WC "marquee" SS signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)