Stephan Lichtsteiner - RB - Nazio (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
What worries me is the quality of those players and our needs/priorities.
We are looking for starters, no more subs and i believe that Inler will not be called ahead of Pirlo, Melo and Marchisio and Ziegler will not be better than Chiellini or a healthy DC

I rate Licht the most, but i believe we should give more priority to our LB, DC is more injury prone than Grygera, Grosso is more finished and incompetent than Motta and Chiellini is need more in the center of defense than Sorensen.
The LB should have been our priority since the day Balza left and we are still refusing to buy a proper player for that position, whilst in other areas, like the CM and SS, we have wasted hundreds of millions of adding dozens of 15-25 mil players...

I dont understand why we are keep repeating the same mistakes, we should know better than that by now.

Anyways, even not in my highest priority (LM is one +LB is two) the RB is the position we need to reinforce the most of the other 2and i would be very pleased that we adjusted that, by finally getting a player, way above the Zebina, Grygera, Motta potential. A player that can be a part of a strong squad, unlike the weakling of the past.
A right step towards the right destination of building a decent team!
And i m also pleased that we had dropped the Italian fix, esp for the defense!!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What worries me is the quality of those players and our needs/priorities.
We are looking for starters, no more subs and i believe that Inler will not be called ahead of Pirlo, Melo and Marchisio and Ziegler will not be better than Chiellini or a healthy DC

I rate Licht the most, but i believe we should give more priority to our LB, DC is more injury prone than Grygera, Grosso is more finished and incompetent than Motta and Chiellini is need more in the center of defense than Sorensen.
The LB should have been our priority since the day Balza left and we are still refusing to buy a proper player for that position, whilst in other areas, like the CM and SS, we have wasted hundreds of millions of adding dozens of 15-25 mil players...

I dont understand why we are keep repeating the same mistakes, we should know better than that by now.

Anyways, even not in my highest priority (LM is one +LB is two) the RB is the position we need to reinforce the most of the other 2and i would be very pleased that we adjusted that, by finally getting a player, way above the Zebina, Grygera, Motta potential. A player that can be a part of a strong squad, unlike the weakling of the past.
A right step towards the right destination of building a decent team!
And i m also pleased that we had dropped the Italian fix, esp for the defense!!
inler is a class or two ahead of marchisio, mainly because he got balls

ziegler is better then de ceglie, and a great option for leftback, especially free

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Being better, doesnt means that he is good enough to upgrade our current team in a competitive and looking better in a mediocre club, doesnt means that he will be able to be better with us.

In the past decades, we have seen dozens of players, who seems a bit better than our players, while playing among mediocre players, but once their wear our jersey, they dont seem as shiny as before!

Molinaro was not looking all that worse than Ziegler, before he joined us, neither Melo.
No one can claim that Inler is better than Marchisio, because Marchisio has been proved way much better than Sissoko and Melo, while playing together.
Melo was looking better than Inler does in both club and NT level and yet he is not better than Marchisio.

Ziegler being an upgrade to DC means nothing, if he destined to be our starter.
If he is destined to replace DC, as our sub, it is an upgrade, but if he is not Chie, we downgrade and if he is our number player, it means that we will again be playing with a very limited LB, for yet another season, instead of finding a permanent solution for our most problematic position.
We are we keep postponning the investment on this position, i just dont understand, there cant be more pressing matters, than to upgrade the worst position of our team.

And Lichtsteiner would be indeed be our best fullback since 2006 and one of the wisest transfers ever made since then!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i don't know what formation we will use, but if we are planning to use 4-3-3, we need better fulbacks that licht and ziegler
Being better, doesnt means that he is good enough to upgrade our current team in a competitive and looking better in a mediocre club, doesnt means that he will be able to be better with us.

In the past decades, we have seen dozens of players, who seems a bit better than our players, while playing among mediocre players, but once their wear our jersey, they dont seem as shiny as before!

Molinaro was not looking all that worse than Ziegler, before he joined us, neither Melo.
No one can claim that Inler is better than Marchisio, because Marchisio has been proved way much better than Sissoko and Melo, while playing together.
Melo was looking better than Inler does in both club and NT level and yet he is not better than Marchisio.

Ziegler being an upgrade to DC means nothing, if he destined to be our starter.
If he is destined to replace DC, as our sub, it is an upgrade, but if he is not Chie, we downgrade and if he is our number player, it means that we will again be playing with a very limited LB, for yet another season, instead of finding a permanent solution for our most problematic position.
We are we keep postponning the investment on this position, i just dont understand, there cant be more pressing matters, than to upgrade the worst position of our team.

And Lichtsteiner would be indeed be our best fullback since 2006 and one of the wisest transfers ever made since then!
Next season, we'll only play seria a.

We need to make a competitive squad for ending in the top 3

Ziegler and licht, are more then good enough for this purpose.

the goal this mercato is to have all the weak spots removed, getting a solid enough defence, and hopefully a good lw and the promisered star SS

with that we'll end top 3

and then, when we are qualified for championsleague, we can reasses our squad and use big cash to upgrade to championsleague worthy

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I honestly dislike Lichsteiner, I dont think he's anything exceptional at all. For once I would hope Marotta gets the Italian option, Cassani :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
so why isnt it cassani instead of him? italian and the best option
Maybe because Cassani is only Italian and not better...
Next season, we'll only play seria a.

We need to make a competitive squad for ending in the top 3

Ziegler and licht, are more then good enough for this purpose.

the goal this mercato is to have all the weak spots removed, getting a solid enough defence, and hopefully a good lw and the promisered star SS

with that we'll end top 3

and then, when we are qualified for championsleague, we can reasses our squad and use big cash to upgrade to championsleague worthy
This is a mediocre team mentality and it only brought us this far, for serie A, we dont need Aguero to rank 3rd either, we have DP last year and quaq for that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)