Stephan Appiah!! (4 Viewers)

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
Stephen Appiah is my absolutely favourite player in Juventus, but I have to admit he's not the ball winner Gatusso is. Appiah has better passing, a better shot, e touch of flair even, but he's inferior to Gatusso when it comes to tackling and winning the ball. IMO Gatusso is the best ball winner in the world, even better than Davids or Keane.
I agree with you in some extent. but i don't think gatusso is the best ball winner in the world, better than Davids. Davids did better than gatusso. Gatusso is just like crazy man playing on the field. He don't know about football. Davids is better, he has a good skill.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Davids does have superior skills compared to Gatusso, but IMO Gatusso is the best at what he does and that is win balls and break the opposition's attacks.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
He just run, run, run and run over time. He will break the ball and the player, even he is his teammate. So what is the advantage.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Exactly that is the advantage. He will intimidate the opposition and get you balls no matter what. That is exactly the way a ballwinner should be.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Appiah My man, has become a great player and delivered as I predicted and expected, The Board should be Preparing to finalize the deal with Parma, for him to be really ours.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
finalize the deal with parma? not brescia? boy i have a lot to learn!

I believe that Parma loaned him out to Brescia last year.

Blasi was part of the deal, and he would become Parma's player permanently

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
No, no Blasi is only on loan. We gave them full ownership of Moretti and the loan of Blasi (+an amount of money to buy him at the end of the season)

You too have a lot to learn Serge :D ;)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, if that's all that Juve gave up to get Appiah, then someone (Moggi) needs to be arrested for grand larceny.

Show me the ways of the force Obi Wan Zlatan

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I like Appiah but Davids is my favourite and he holds a special part in my heart. I think Appiah should be a little bit more agressive and intimidating. But he is young, give him a few years everyone will be offering millions for him.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
Well, if that's all that Juve gave up to get Appiah, then someone (Moggi) needs to be arrested for grand larceny.

Show me the ways of the force Obi Wan Zlatan
But of course young Luke. May the force be with you :strong: ;)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++

But of course young Luke. May the force be with you :strong: ;)

*Makes light sabre sounds, WHHUMMM, WHUMMM, WHUMMMMMM*

*Yoda*
MMMM, Much to learn you have, about Juve transfers, this one does mmmm

Aug 1, 2003
what i dont like bout appiah tho, (overall i like him, just one of his flaws) is that he's not as aggressive as davids. okay, maybe he is aggressive on the pitch but not the pitbull style.

davids is such a special player, its sad to see him go..............

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
what i dont like bout appiah tho, (overall i like him, just one of his flaws) is that he's not as aggressive as davids. okay, maybe he is aggressive on the pitch but not the pitbull style.

davids is such a special player, its sad to see him go..............
I know what you mean, but as i said before, maybe it's a good thing that Appiah doesn't make himself a liability with a 50/50 chance that he's gonna get sent off. Appiah gets the job done and makes it look tidy. I'd hate for him to try and play like Edgar, and just end up getting himself sent off.

There's only one Edgar Davids, and there's very few players in the world who can play pitbull style and make it look good :strong:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
appiah's frighteningly consistent and fights hard for the team.he also doesn't hesitate to go in flying for 50-50 balls and has a good workrate.

in spite of that,he's not violent or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)