Star Wars (8 Viewers)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
It doesn't mean it's mediocre just because you didn't like it.
It's mediocre because the storyline is basically a retelling on a new hope. It's mediocre because kylo ren, fin and a few others are weakly written. It's mediocre because their was no originality and no real strength behind the continuation of the story. If you remove the star wars colored glasses you can easily see that

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Now that I am reading about people wanting to watch it again I think I will also watch it again. Great great movie

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Now that I am reading about people wanting to watch it again I think I will also watch it again. Great great movie
I just came back after watching it for the second time. I wasn't so intense during it so I grabbed more and I've seen some visuals/parts which I missed before. Totally worth it, I suggest you see it again, you won't regret it.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Havent watched it yet.

Did it have amateurish acting and pathetic swordplay like in the original trilogy ?
Swordplay in the original trilogy was more authentic than in the PT. Let alone that the fights actually were used to resolve conflicts and to convey emotions in contrast to PT fueling Hasbro sales and nothing more.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Swordplay in the original trilogy was more authentic than in the PT. Let alone that the fights actually were used to resolve conflicts and to convey emotions in contrast to PT fueling Hasbro sales and nothing more.
Cmon man

When we look at fencing, we see swift and fast paced swordplay. When we think of Jedi knights, we think of supernatural talents who can bend the force to their will. They are also fast enough to stop those lazerpistol shots.

So i would think about "fencing on steroids".

The PT actually had such swordsplay. You see that and think of "holy crap this is some awesome elite fighting"

When we see the original trilogy, its like 2 crepid grandpa's smashing togheter their canes. And completely unrealistic to presume they have the speed and agility to fend off lazershots.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Cmon man

When we look at fencing, we see swift and fast paced swordplay. When we think of Jedi knights, we think of supernatural talents who can bend the force to their will. They are also fast enough to stop those lazerpistol shots.

So i would think about "fencing on steroids".

The PT actually had such swordsplay. You see that and think of "holy crap this is some awesome elite fighting"

When we see the original trilogy, its like 2 crepid grandpa's smashing togheter their canes. And completely unrealistic to presume they have the speed and agility to fend off lazershots.
The Force is not about speed and agility, the Force is in your mind. It's about wisdom and meditation. OT established it like that before PT monetized the living hell out of disgraceful acrobatic 'hit the air above your opponent' shit-fights. Have you seen Luke heave a drumbell in Yoda's training? I haven't.
I'm genuinely sad that the great Christopher Lee had to participate in these cancer movies. He always had the gift of being the only outstanding thing in terrible movies (James Bond, Dracula)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
talking bout unrealistic...
Fights in Ep7 are actually great. I think Zach is gonna love them too because they are both visually exciting in a martial arts way but also reasonable within the frame of what OT has established. Beefy and direct in a way. PT Bolshoi Ballet can go suck a big one

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Fights in Ep7 are actually great. I think Zach is gonna love them too because they are both visually exciting in a martial arts way but also reasonable within the frame of what OT has established. Beefy and direct in a way. PT Bolshoi Ballet can go suck a big one
i am talking about laser swords.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)