Star Wars (1 Viewer)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Also, most movies that previously held those records were pretty $#@!/mediocre (just like this one :snoop:)
...to unrelated folks but for fans it's simply great to return into the universe they fap to even though the movie objectively is nothing special. I mean I was going full radekas when The Hobbit screened altho I knew it was mediocre at best for normal people.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
...to unrelated folks but for fans it's simply great to return into the universe they fap to even though the movie objectively is nothing special. I mean I was going full radekas when The Hobbit screened altho I knew it was mediocre at best for normal people.
:lol:
...but at least the LoTR fans can look back to 3 great movies
and great books while star wars fans can't...well...i'll give em the first 3 movies - because i come in piece.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Look at all the "mature" haters coming in.

The Force Awakens is getting universally acclaimed all over the world but all I needed is one visit to tuz to learn how wrong everyone is.

Also comparing this to Twilight and Justin Boober :rofl:.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
True.

There can't be any other explanation for any review rating this higher than ~7/10 tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

http://douthat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/12/21/star-wars-and-decadence/?_r=0

This review is basically perfect (you can ignore the first part).

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
True.

There can't be any other explanation for any review rating this higher than ~7/10 tbh.
:agree:

I feel really nostalgic for childhood watching it, and it's fun, a good movie and all, but it's not something extraordinary, it's not a revelation. It's a good, entertaining, but flawed film. 7/10 seems perfect for it.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Look at all the "mature" haters coming in.

The Force Awakens is getting universally acclaimed all over the world but all I needed is one visit to tuz to learn how wrong everyone is.

Also comparing this to Twilight and Justin Boober :rofl:.
Oh, stop it, you whiny cat. It's not like people are trolling. The comparison to Bieber was just to show that popularity -- big shocker -- isn't a quality in itself.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Oh, stop it, you whiny cat. It's not like people are trolling. The comparison to Bieber was just to show that popularity -- big shocker -- isn't a quality in itself.
Except this movie is gathering amazing reviews from everywhere and may even get a Best Picture nomination. So yeah this time comparison to Bieber is absolutely shit.

Here http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/22/star-wars-force-awakens-best-picture-critics-choice-awards

So when I see people posting about how this is purely nostalgia or how only fanboys like this, I find this pretty close to trolling.

People love to hate Star Wars and I'm willing to bet that plenty of them were waiting for the movie to bomb so they could post "I told you so". Too bad it didn't happen and now they need to dig so deep to bash it. It's interesting how it's usually connected with being fans of LOTR. It's almost like there can't be 2 amazing worlds with amazing movies.

Now go back to licking each others tits like most of you do here.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Except this movie is gathering amazing reviews from everywhere and may even get a Best Picture nomination. So yeah this time comparison to Bieber is absolutely shit.

Here http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/22/star-wars-force-awakens-best-picture-critics-choice-awards

So when I see people posting about how this is purely nostalgia or how only fanboys like this, I find this pretty close to trolling.

People love to hate Star Wars and I'm willing to bet that plenty of them were waiting for the movie to bomb so they could post "I told you so". Too bad it didn't happen and now they need to dig so deep to bash it. It's interesting how it's usually connected with being fans of LOTR. It's almost like there can't be 2 amazing worlds with amazing movies.

No, the second half of the movie is simply bad rehashing and illogical plotlines that are in no way better than in your average brainless action movie. You can say that you still loved the movie of course, and that's fine, but please don't act as if these issues don't exist.

And I wanted to like this movie, and I very much did so for the firt third of the movie. Had the standard stayed the same, I wouldn't call it flawless or perfect, but a very great movie.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
:agree:

I feel really nostalgic for childhood watching it, and it's fun, a good movie and all, but it's not something extraordinary, it's not a revelation. It's a good, entertaining, but flawed film. 7/10 seems perfect for it.
Agreed! I think some are letting the nostalgia cloud their judgement and not see the issues the film has just because its star wars

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Btw something I find pretty weird no one as pointed out yet, is that the premise of the move basically says fuck you to everything Luke, Leia & Co. have supposedly achieved during the original trilogy.

20 years after their grand victory the Empire is back basically stronger than ever, with an even bigger death star that wipes out the stronghold of the Republic in seconds, and an at least pseudo sith order (interestingly enough they don't seem to be outright sith, don't think the word has even been mentioned in the movie, plus they don't have those "Darth" titles), so another band of rebels has to stop them.

Oh, and the force is STILL NOT IN BALANCE. Does this mean that the prophecy was simply BS, or that Anakin wasn't the chosen one, or that Luke while being the chosen still hasn't brought the balance, or that neither Luke nor Anakin are the chosen one? No matter which option is true, this devalues at least one of the two previous trilogies considerably. That, or that line about the force not being in balance was simply meant as a cool throwaway reference line, in which case it's simply bad and lazy writing.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012

The late addition by the Critics Choice Awards is a marketing stunt. They know their ratings are going to go through the roof because of this. http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwi...force-awakens-to-best-picture-ballot-20151222

I don't get why you're highlighting good reviews or a potential best picture nomination (which it won't get), to be honest. Neither are going to change anyone's opinion of the movie. And I'm sure you'd be able to find both popular and highly acclaimed movies you don't like as well.

It's not like people here are blindly criticizing the movie. They're backing up their opinions with good points. If you addressed those points instead, you wouldn't look like a bitter fanboy.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
The late addition by the Critics Choice Awards is a marketing stunt. They know their ratings are going to go through the roof because of this. http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwi...force-awakens-to-best-picture-ballot-20151222

I don't get why you're highlighting good reviews or a potential best picture nomination (which it won't get), to be honest. Neither are going to change anyone's opinion of the movie. And I'm sure you'd be able to find both popular and highly acclaimed movies you don't like as well.

It's not like people here are blindly criticizing the movie. They're backing up their opinions with good points. If you addressed those points instead, you wouldn't look like a bitter fanboy.
Might reconsider who is bitter here. I am very happy about a very good movie which exceeded my expectations. Unlike you, most people around the world are on my side. I also don't see any point in discussing "good points" because these points are actually one point aka "OH LEL THEY MADE ANOTHER A NEW HOPE, LOL SUCH A REHASH xDDDDD". People who want to hate this movie will obviously find things to hate about. I learned long ago that arguing about Star Wars is a pointless effort.

Also Ocelot was the only one writting anything more than "lol bad movie", "lol justin bieber", "lol nostalgy". And still his whole point could be shortened to "lol same as ANH". His questions about the story are something there's no point discussing since we still miss 2/3 parts of the plot, while Episode VII only glanced over the things that happened between ROTJ and TFA.

Oh and there's your great point about marketing stunt. If the movie was rated shit you would be the first to point it out. But since the movie is actually critically acclaimed it's all
a) fanboy critics
b) nostalgy
c) marketing stunts
d) lel who cares about reviews, it won't change anyones opinion

It's obvious why I will point out good reviews and awards nominations. They back up my point. You might consider that when most people tell you that something is good it might actually mean that it is quite good and your opinion might be in minority for a reason. Unless you are a hipster of course, which will make you say that everyone is wrong or a marketing stunt. And please don't mix popularity with reviews. Twilight was popular but it was shit and it was rated as shit. That's the difference.

All in all I won't force anyone to love or even like this movie. But stop coming here with your smartass attitude like you are the enlightened chosen ones who have seen through the evil mask of a shitty movie unlike the stupid rest of the world who obviously lack your great intellect.

I'm done here, have a happy Hanuka or whatever.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Cool it guys :D

Btw Völler didn't even say that it was a bad or shitty movie - neither did I, it's mediocre to good in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Ocelot was the only one writting anything more than "lol bad movie", "lol justin bieber", "lol nostalgy". And still his whole point could be shortened to "lol same as ANH". His questions about the story are something there's no point discussing since we still miss 2/3 parts of the plot, while Episode VII only glanced over the things that happened between ROTJ and TFA.
Well, that is my main issue, and it's a rather big one I'd argue - paying homage or reference to it is fine, and it's done very well in the first part of the movie. Kylo Ren as a very conflicted guy who's trying to emulate Vader but simply doesn't posess nearly enough power or strength of character and all the inner conflicts stemming from that as he partially realises that is fascinating as well. However, the final arc of the movie, and everything having to do with starkiller base was really weak in my opinion, in that it was simply a straight copy of something that has already been copied before.

And some of my other criticisms might well be explained in later movies, but some I believe are unlikely to be. If they are, my points are obviously null and void.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Cool it guys :D

Btw Völler didn't even say that it was a bad or shitty movie - neither did I, it's mediocre to good in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that is my main issue, and it's a rather big one I'd argue - paying homage or reference to it is fine, and it's done very well in the first part of the movie. Kylo Ren as a very conflicted guy who's trying to emulate Vader but simply doesn't posess nearly enough power or strength of character and all the inner conflicts stemming from that as he partially realises that is fascinating as well. However, the final arc of the movie, and everything having to do with starkiller base was really weak in my opinion, in that it was simply a straight copy of something that has already been copied before.

And some of my other criticisms might well be explained in later movies, but some I believe are unlikely to be. If they are, my points are obviously null and void.
You also called 2/3 of the movie a trainwreck which I would reserve for Uwe Boll movies. And yeah Voller didn't call it shit. He just decided to be the white knight of the critics.

Btw, here's your question about R2D2 deus ex machina explained by Abrams.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/2...-question-about-r2-d2-star-wars-force-awakens

Pretty cool imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)