Star Wars: Episode III (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm surprised nobody's made a thread about this since the trailer came out.

I'm a big fan of the original trilogy, and while I feel Episodes I and II were much weaker than the original movies, I think Episode III will have to be considerably better, considering that it's the movie that has to tie up all the loose ends in the storyline.

Expect a lot of action and effects; I don't know about the acting and all that, but hopefully it'll be worth the watch.

Trailer here: http://generationxreviews.com/gxr/trailers/ep3.mov

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
can't wait for this baby !

I've got the other 5 on DVD though so this one's gonna be ages till I can complete the set

Sep 14, 2003
Altough I nearly wet myself when I saw the teaser trailer, I'm a little cautious about it. The imagery is very impressive (I love how evil and pissed off Anankin looks) and I hear very good things about what they've done so far.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    The thing I'm most wary of is the acting. Hayden Christensen was terrible in Episode II

Sep 14, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    The thing I'm most wary of is the acting. Hayden Christensen was terrible in Episode II
    I don't think the script or the cringe-worthy dialouge helped.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    Indeed. The part that sticks out for me is when he's dreaming about his mother.

"Noo, nooooo"

the whole cinema was laughing

Sep 14, 2003
    Indeed. The part that sticks out for me is when he's dreaming about his mother.

"Noo, nooooo"

the whole cinema was laughing
    Lol, yeah, that happened to me too and that was at a midnight screening with hardcore fans.

To tell you the truth though, I'm more worried about Natalie 'Wooden' Portman.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    I'm not too worried about her, since she's not expected to have nearly as much character development as Anakin. She can just sit there and look pretty for all I care ;)

I fear that Ep3 will have plenty of "Hayden gets angry" scenes, which I think he's really bad at. He's got the same facial expression and tone of voice whenever he has to do an angry scene. Oh well, I'll stop bagging on him now and hope for the best :)

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    I cant believe how bad the anikan actor was.. to tell the truth, the new ones suck penguin balls. They dont have the authentic-ness of the orginal three, and the acting and script was just pathetic. I was like: Did they spend so much on the special effects they cant hire a real actor??

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
    I cant believe how bad the anikan actor was.. to tell the truth, the new ones suck penguin balls. They dont have the authentic-ness of the orginal three, and the acting and script was just pathetic. I was like: Did they spend so much on the special effects they cant hire a real actor??
    I'm of the opinion that the problem lies with Lucas himself. When he was making the original trilogy, he wasn't the god that he is now, and he had creative directors and advisers helping him make the decisions.

By the time the making of the prequels came about, everyone worshipped him and nobody had the balls to tell him that any of his ideas were shite.

"Yes Mr. Lucas, I think having a pissing annoying animated character with big ears and an annoying voice is a fantastic idea!"

"Of course you should put cheesy dialogue into the script! Brilliant!"

Sep 14, 2003

I fear that Ep3 will have plenty of "Hayden gets angry" scenes, which I think he's really bad at.
    Really? I think the total opposite. When his mother died in his arms and the look on his face before he slaugthered the Tuskan Raiders sent a chill down my spine.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    Really? I think the total opposite. When his mother died in his arms and the look on his face before he slaugthered the Tuskan Raiders sent a chill down my spine.
    Now that you say it, he was okay in that scene. The scenes I'm talking about though, are the ones where he has to yell in his breaking adolescent voice, saying things like "I'm going to be the most powerful Jedi" :blah:

Sep 14, 2003
    Let's all hope that George has given him decent material to work with this time. As long as it's dark like Empire Strikes Back and the Anakin/Obi-Wan dual is done well, I'll be happy.

Expectation will rightfully be huge with this film, if Lucas screws up, I'll never bother with anything he does after.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    Let's all hope that George has given him decent material to work with this time. As long as it's dark like Empire Strikes Back and the Anakin/Obi-Wan dual is done well, I'll be happy.
    Yep, that's probably gonna be one of the climaxes of the the movies, or the whole series if you will.
    Expectation will rightfully be huge with this film, if Lucas screws up, I'll never bother with anything he does after.
    True, but I don't think he needs/wants/is going to do anything after :D

One thing I wonder though, is how future generations are going to view the movies. Will they watch from Episode 4-6, then 1-3 like we did, or will they watch it in the more 'logical' order. I imagine that if they watch Episodes 1-3 first, the whole mystery of the story and shock of Darth Vader being Luke's father (I hope I didn't spoil it for everyone :D) is lost

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    I think he's doing another Indiana Jones film.
    oh, that's right.

geez, he sure knows how to squeeze all the life and money out of old ideas, eh? :)

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003

True, but I don't think he needs/wants/is going to do anything after :D
    Actually rumors are flying around that Lucas had so much fun making episodes 1-3 that he's considiring making the last three movies aswell, episodes 7-9. As when he started the Star Wars series, he always had in mind that it would be 9 movies in the end.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    Really? Interesting... I don't know if the sequels would generate as much interest though. I mean of course any movie with the Star Wars title attached to it is going to rake in millions, but I think part of the appeal of the prequel was seeing an explanation of all the events involving the characters of the 'original' trilogy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)