Star Trek (2 Viewers)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
I find it interesting how there seem to be a lot of people who like the new movies but can't stand the series or the old movies. What is it that makes the new movies "cool" to so many people & the old stuff not?
technology and graphics over storyline :howler:

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Have any of you guys watched Star Trek? Years ago I tried giving The Original Series a try but it was just too "old" for my liking.

I started watching The Next Generation about a year ago, and I have been hooked ever since. I'm a pretty slow TV watcher, I get busy with school and work, etc. but I'm on Season 3 right now of TNG. I hope to finish TNG and then move onto Deep Space Nine.

There's something about this show…it may be corny but I can't stop watching it. It has an incredible charm.

I was just wondering if there were any fellow 'Tuz members that watch Trek? :D

I like TNG, DS9 and Voyager. :D To help you get acquainted with DS9:

http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/

Quark is one of my favourite characters on it.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Never got into the original series but I think I should
You must

TNG & VOY episodes are much more 'interesting' and complex but TOS has much better chemistry between characters, more weirdness and novelty

Looking dated is not a bad thing, it makes TOS lovable in a genuine way.

(Way better than shit ass navigators whining about their pronouns and talking back to the captain in NuTrek anyway)

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You must

TNG & VOY episodes are much more 'interesting' and complex but TOS has much better chemistry between characters, more weirdness and novelty

Looking dated is not a bad thing, it makes TOS lovable in a genuine way.

(Way better than shit ass navigators whining about their pronouns and talking back to the captain in NuTrek anyway)
TOS and TNG are a lot more formulaic, but can't argue about the legendary casts. DS9 you get to see more character development and depth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)