Star Trek (3 Viewers)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Have any of you guys watched Star Trek? Years ago I tried giving The Original Series a try but it was just too "old" for my liking.

I started watching The Next Generation about a year ago, and I have been hooked ever since. I'm a pretty slow TV watcher, I get busy with school and work, etc. but I'm on Season 3 right now of TNG. I hope to finish TNG and then move onto Deep Space Nine.

There's something about this show…it may be corny but I can't stop watching it. It has an incredible charm.

I was just wondering if there were any fellow 'Tuz members that watch Trek? :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Joe

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
  • Thread Starter #5

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
    Jul 22, 2013
    TNG is my favorite, followed by the original series & then Voyager. I could never really get into DS9 even though a lot of people liked it, I haven't tried watching it in years though so maybe I'd feel differently now.

Don't ever watch Enterprise.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Roomate of mine was really into TNG so I saw the first few episodes and a few random ones.

I counldn't get into it, it was slow, devoted too much time to the weaker characters like deanna troi and the crusher kid and full of awkward social commentary/ moral lessons.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    star trek is for teh gays
    Color me Rainbow, then, because I'm a Trekkie.

- - - Updated - - -

TNG is my favorite, followed by the original series & then Voyager. I could never really get into DS9 even though a lot of people liked it, I haven't tried watching it in years though so maybe I'd feel differently now.

Don't ever watch Enterprise.
    The Next Generation is my favorite out of all of them, especially the series finale, when Picard gets put on trial for humanity and the three different time shifts.

- - - Updated - - -

And Star Trek was revolutionary on several gorunds.

It was the first TV show with a full multi-ethnic cast, the first scripted interracial kiss on television.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    I never really liked the star trek, star wars and generally every film/series that depicts aliens as talking humanoid bipods.
    Chances are that they look like insects, dont use speech to communicate, due to different gravity rules have totally different dimensions and would probably melt,if they stand in our breathing atmosphere...

But i did like the Borg encounters!

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Maybe because i was born at the eighties, when the film industry was a bit more advanced, so they could promote broader ideas and depict them with better special effects.
    My first alien movie encounter was with the Alien series and this has surely affected my mind, about how an alien should look like.
    The initial arachnoid that hached from that egg, which was not quite arachnoid, as it also had a tail, has created a basis about what kind of an extraterrestrial form is alien enough.
    Not smth that could breath air, walk at two legs, have the dimensions of a man, face expressions, able to communicate with speech, able to operate things with hands, have the same social structure with the human race.
    It was smth completely alien. Even its parasitic offspring that was fused with human DNA was far more alien than the majority of the star trek/wars ET broods.

Star Trek and star Wars were based in older ideas and for someone who has seen them after the Alien encounter, they seemed completely rubbish in my eyes...
    I had the same reaction as a much younger boy, whith walking animals, wearing clothes and talking with humans, because i had real life contact with real animals first, i rejected the cartoony aproach.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Great sets of individual series

I have seen TNG, DS9 and Voyager

All 3 were brilliant

Never got into the original series but I think I should

OP
    Joe

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
  • Thread Starter #20
    I never really liked the star trek, star wars and generally every film/series that depicts aliens as talking humanoid bipods.
    Chances are that they look like insects, dont use speech to communite, due to different gravity rules have totally different dimensions and would probably melt,if they stand in our breathing atmosphere...

But i did like the Borg encounters!
    I think if aliens do exist, they are varied in their looks just like the show. Not all aliens in Star Trek are humanoids.

But I think its possible to have humanoid aliens in our universe. The size of our universe is so great that its likely there are planets with similar to conditions as to Earth which would be able to sustain humanoid life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)