Star Quality (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i know this may sound nonsensical,but i really do feel we need star players.top players are choosing the likes of inter over us and many just can't figure out why.well,i have some idea as to why this can possibly be the case.they have the stars.

juve don't have enough already,and soon it will get worse.i would only regard buffon,del piero,thuram and davids as stars,and probably nedved as well.before i go further,let me state me definition of a star.imho,a star is a player who is universally acclaimed and renowned for his ability,and an instantly recognizable name to the average football fan.someone who can draw the crowds and sell the shirts.

now,of the names i mentioned,davids will be leaving us soon,nedved and thuram in a season or two,and del piero soon after-leaving us with only buffon.and unless we really undergo a crisis,moggi will seek to replace these players with the cheapest and most easily available option.

i'm not saying they won't be good,but they won't be stars.a good example would be appiah.we know how effective and good he is.but he ain't a star.similarly,i do think the rest of the squad is very good.but who doesn't want their team to have the 'oomph' factor?

sure,it'll cost more money,but it will bring alot to juve as well.the added x-factor,the crowds,jersey sales,more fans, and attracting potentially more big name signings.and with big name players,it would elevate our status amongst other football fans,people involved in the sport,the bookmarkers and ultimately the juventini ourselves.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Agreed. We need more stars, but we've got to remember that when Del Piero signed from Padova in his teen age years, he was nothing but a promising youngster with a dream. He didn't even cost us $1million and look at what that insignificant amount of money got us; a star. I'm confident that some of our Primavera players + Appiah, Maresca and Miccoli have the potential to become stars, but yes, I do agree that Moggi has to do some work in the transfer market as well.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Agreed. We need more stars, but we've got to remember that when Del Piero signed from Padova in his teen age years, he was nothing but a promising youngster with a dream. He didn't even cost us $1million and look at what that insignificant amount of money got us; a star.
    that may be true,but we all have to keep in mind that a player like del piero probably comes about only once every 5 decades:):touched:

and you can't really get a talented promising youngster nowadays for 1m;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    True that, true that...

I have a funny feeling that this summer, or January for that matter, will be very good from the Juve point of view. Oddo seems to be on his way, and if Davids goes to Inter Stankovic may join us as well. A couple defenders are needed and the signing of Gonzalo Rodriguez is pretty much complete, while we're being linked to Daniel van Buyten. Perhaps it'll be a break-out transfer season like the one two years ago when we acquired Buffon, Thuram, Nedved and Salas.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    stank+oddo+rodriguez+van buyten:eek:

do these funny feelings of yous normally come true,stu?:D:hopeful:

Dec 27, 2003
    I just heard Bettega saying he wants Juve to become the wealthiest club team on earth the other day. Surely you won't be able to afford a lot of stars if such is the priority of your executives..

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
    I just heard Bettega saying he wants Juve to become the wealthiest club team on earth the other day. Surely you won't be able to afford a lot of stars if such is the priority of your executives..
    we dont need to have a superstar in every position on the field. zambrotta is not a superstar, yet i would not exchange him for lets say roberto carlos, supposedly the best left back on earth. my ass.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    this is juve's personality, they dont buy stars, they make stars...
    also, what do u call dp and nedved? thuram, buffon? arent they stars?

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
    this is juve's personality, they dont buy stars, they make stars...
    also, what do u call dp and nedved? thuram, buffon? arent they stars?
    del piero is a home grown star. nedved was a star when we bought him, so was buffon and thuram. i just said that we dont need to have full house of stars. good players in their possitions is what i want, i dont need 20 stars beotching about their playing minutes and salaries.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    True that, true that...

I have a funny feeling that this summer, or January for that matter, will be very good from the Juve point of view. Oddo seems to be on his way, and if Davids goes to Inter Stankovic may join us as well. A couple defenders are needed and the signing of Gonzalo Rodriguez is pretty much complete, while we're being linked to Daniel van Buyten. Perhaps it'll be a break-out transfer season like the one two years ago when we acquired Buffon, Thuram, Nedved and Salas.

thats not a funny feeling. its hilarious!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    i dont think we need stars, remmber we made zidane a star so baggio also .. we got del piero and nedved and buffon , and too many stars would destroy the team..juss wish lippi could use the best formation and davids can play

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    i dont care if they are star or not..if they get the job done then its fine with me... if the best people needed for the job is a star than take him.. but its not a priority... for example Nedved is never in the same star status as Zidane when we bought him, but he get the job done all the same... so no problem.

personally though... i dun like the gamourous star idea very much. One of the thing i like about Juventus is how it keep it low profile. I hate very much streotype club ala Real Madrid and MAn U... where everone everywhere supposrt it for the sake of glamour. Where i came from Juventus is not very glamour. Juventus fan are very rare. So i feel unique. Juventus would suit the idea of my personal club that way.

Sep 28, 2002
    well, when we bought nedved he was a bigger star than zidane when we bought latter.

and more. why is man u considered a superstar club? yeah, they HAD becks, but they grew that kid, they bought ruud, but he was not bigger than lets say, kezman. ****, i dont even know why i hate them? i like most of their players. :undecide:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    well, when we bought nedved he was a bigger star than zidane when we bought latter.
    We must be referring to different timeframe... i was talking about the time when we exchange a 'World Footballer of the Year' with a 'one very good winger from Lazio '..;)

and more. why is man u considered a superstar club? yeah, they HAD becks, but they grew that kid, they bought ruud, but he was not bigger than lets say, kezman. ****, i dont even know why i hate them? i like most of their players. :undecide:
    where i came from, every single Man U player is a superstar..;)

but in my post i was refering Man U and Real Madrid as glamourous clubs.. something that Paranioa want to turn Juventus into by bringiing more stars... just the thing that would broke my philosphy of supporting Juventus..

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

We must be referring to different timeframe... i was talking about the time when we exchange a 'World Footballer of the Year' with a 'one very good winger from Lazio '..;)
    good point. gotta agree on this one

where i came from, every single Man U player is a superstar..;)
    good to know that nicky butt is superstar at least there :D

but in my post i was refering Man U and Real Madrid as glamourous clubs.. something that Paranioa want to turn Juventus into by bringiing more stars... just the thing that would broke my philosphy of supporting Juventus..
    personally i dont care. i like juventus. they'll bring in more stars? ok, we'll be more famous around the globe, bigger income from fans in asia etc. and the likes of baiocco will be superstars alongside butt. :D

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    we need one star and that is AIMAR! If we get him, we will be an incredible club. OUr defenders dont need to be stars. We dont need to spend big bucks on the nestas and cannas, we will be fine with the youth players; theyre younger and faster anyways ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)