Stanley Cup (1 Viewer)

OP
Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #2
    The big teams has fallen like timber in this set of the Stanley cup. I can find it amusing when a team of youngsters shock the world with offensive hockey and big entusiasme. This year The mighty ducks has impressed me not with youngsters or offensive game but with a keeper who plays like he is god himself. He has kept a clean sheet in three out of four semifinals and he has played brilliant through out the whole play-offs. Jean Sebastian Giguere is not a rookie he has been in the NHL for several years but he has never really got his breakthrough but in these playoffs he definetly has, with a saving percentage of 96% it is very likely that he will get the Art Ross trophy.
    So Mighty Ducks has been fun to watch but what about the teams that are left, yes New Jersey and Ottawa are good teams but Minnesot are crap. I want to see stars when I watch sports and who is the biggest star now Marian Hossa? a good player but no way near the class of Peter Forsberg or Mario Lemieux. Those are the players I want to see in the finals and who score the sudden death goals.
    This was the first time that the world cup was more interesting than the stanley cup for me, only because the stars were in the world cup.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #3
    Well, New Jersey won it. They aren't worth it they are simply too boring, their destructive play belong to the past. It was fun to see the ducks go so far inte tournament and they proved over and over again that they deserved it.
    This was one really boring cup, without real stars except for giguere and perhaps Kariya.
    Next year I want to see Toronto or another canadian team lifting the trophy.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    Well, New Jersey won it. They aren't worth it they are simply too boring, their destructive play belong to the past. It was fun to see the ducks go so far inte tournament and they proved over and over again that they deserved it.
    This was one really boring cup, without real stars except for giguere and perhaps Kariya.
    Next year I want to see Toronto or another canadian team lifting the trophy.
    Yeah, I know. New Jersey is sooo boring.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #15
    An extremely unlucky girl that I know was hit by the puck in a game last year.
    Another unlucky girl was Gretzkys wife who was hit by a piece of the glass when Ulf Samuelsson tackled a player.

I would love to see the stanley cup in Toronto next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)