Stadiums... share 'em! (1 Viewer)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
I don't know if we already have a stadium thread... so here I go.

I'd like, if you post something about the stadium you visit on weekends... doesn't have to be your favorite stadium... and not the Delle Alpi! We already know everything about it!

I used to go to Lyngby stadium all the time... but the club went bankrupt... so now I "support" FC København (FC Copenhagen)

Their stadium is called "Parken". Parken is also the home of Denmarks national team.

Capacity: 42.075 (all seated)
Pitch dimensions: 105x65m
Lights: 1400 Lux (who cares? :D )
Parken has got a retractable roof... which is almost never used. Usually Parken is only covered when there's a concerts or some shit like that.

Some of you might like the eurovision song contest. You will be happy to know that Parken was the venue of the crap a couple of years ago...

The UEFA Cup final 2000 was played here. (Galatasaray - Arsenal)

Here's a pic... This picture was taken from where I usually sit... great view eh?

Buy on AliExpress.com

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
Cool thread Karlberg.:thumb:

Here's the stadium that I go to. It's located here in the City of Phoenix. It's mostly used for baseball but it can also be used for soccer and other events. Recently there was an international friendly soccer match between Mexico and Columbia. :)
It's called the Bank One BallPark, Home of the Arizona DiamondBacks (baseball team).
  • Cost: $349 million (some estimates put the cost at $414 million).
  • Opening: March 31, 1998
  • Style: Convertible roof
  • Dimensions: Left field: 330 ft., power alleys: 374 ft., center field: 407 ft., deepest left-center and right-center: 413 ft., right field: 334 ft.
  • The Ballpark is cooled using an 8000 ton cooling system that incorporates air handlers and a large cooling tower on the south side of the Ballpark. It is designed to bring down the temperature by 30 degrees in three hours and is configured to deliver cool air only where it is needed.
  • The seating capacity of Bank One Ballpark is very versatile, it ranges from 48,500 for Arizona Diamondback baseball games to approximately 53,000 for a major concert with seating on the field. There are 69 luxury suites, 6 party suites, 500 restaurant seats, and a picnic area that seats 550.
  • The Sun Pool Party Pavilion is located next to the outfield wall in right-center field. The Pavilion gives about 35 guests the opportunity to see the Diamondbacks play while enjoying a swimming pool, hot tub, fountains, catering and other amenities. When any Diamondback player hits a home run, water cannons will fire streams of water 30 to 35 feet into the air.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
Crvena Zvezda Stadium (Belgrade (Beograd), Yugoslavia)

Opened: 1945

Record Attendance: 96,070 (Red Star Belgrade v Ferencvaros, European Cup
Winners' Cup Semi-Final 1975)

Current Capacity: 54,000

Nicknamed the 'Marakana', Red Star Belgrade's home ground is in far better shape than the real Maracana in Rio de Janeiro. It has seen a number of matches of significance in Yugoslavian and Eastern European soccer history. It staged the first European Cup Final to be held in eastern Europe, Ajax beating Juventus 1-0 in 1973, and the east's first European Championship Final, Czechoslovakia defeating West Germany in 1976 in a penalty shootout. Yugoslavia beat England 5-0 here in 1958, and Partizan Belgrade beat Manchester United 2-0 in the first leg of their 1966 European Cup Semi-Final. Today Red Star - now more commonly called Crvena Zvezda - dominate the Yugoslav League from this imposing fortress much as they did before the breakup of the old Yugoslavia. An imposing museum houses much of the silverware collected by the football club and by the 16 other sports affiliated to the organization

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
this is the stadium that i always go....near with my house...it belongs to one of my country's football club....SELANGOR F.C...

it is a training pitch for Brazil Team before their departure to World Cup Tournament last year....Malaysia Selection VS Man U also here......same goes to Chelsea and Birmingham match(coming soon)..and the biggest tournament is Youth World Cup...by that time Aimar, Henry, Trezeguet, Riquelme are still teenager...

Sadly, Malaysian football still below the par....if i have an option, i like to watch JUVE match in Turin rather than watching SELANGOR's game...:down:

Stadium :Shah Alam Stadium

Launched :16 July 1994

Homeground :Selangor FC

Level:6 level

Capasity: 69000 seating and 11000 standing (longest free
standing in the world)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Name: King Fahd International Stadium
Design: Tratitional round Arabian tent.
Capacity: 72,000 seats.
Funtion: Football Stadium / Athletic Center / Track and Field.
Completed: 1987
Clubs: Al-Hilal, Al-Nasser, Al-Shabab, and the Saudi National Team.

Special feature:
The stadium's roof is the largest stadium cover in the world shading over 70,000 seats and covering a plan area of 47,000 sq. m. The 24 columns are arranged on a circle with a 247 m diameter. The huge umbrella keeps the sun off the seats and concourse slabs, providing shade and comfort in the hot desert climate. It also contains an Indoor Warm-up field under the stands.

Hosted:
2 King Fahd International Championship (which later became the confed. cup) in 1992 and 1995.
The first Fifa confederations Cup in 1997.
Numurous Asian International and Club Finals.

OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Hosted:
    2 King Fahd International Championship (which later became the confed. cup) in 1992 and 1995.
    The first Fifa confederations Cup in 1997.
    Yeah... I know. Denmark won it in 95' vs. Argentina in the final.

Thanks for sharing your stadiums guys! :thumb:

DJ... I've been busy, but I do pop up from time to time...

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by dj juve ] ++
    awesome avatar btw Karls ;)
    ++ [ originally posted by Ally ] ++
    Good to see you Anders :) and cool avatar! :thumb:

About this thread: We don't have any good stadium in Poland, to share it with you here :sigh:
    Thanks! :)
    I got that when Juve saw off Real Madrid... lets hope to see DP like that again tonight!

No cool stadiums in Poland? Come on!
    The national stadium has got to be worth posting? If not... I'm really sorry about that.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Looking for all these great stadiums - we don't have any such stadium :frown:
    The biggest has 40000 seats and it is not as great for sure.
    And you won't believe: we don't have national stadium :(

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Ally ] ++
    Looking for all these great stadiums - we don't have any such stadium :frown:
    The biggest has 40000 seats and it is not as great for sure.
    And you won't believe: we don't have national stadium :(
    OH man! You don't have a home for Olisadebeh and the guys!!? :eek:

40.000? Well that's good! Parken only have the capacity of 42.075...

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    I'd post some but I probably have probs with my upload still..
    oh... that's right... well you could send me the picture, and I'll post it for you :) How's that?

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++

OH man! You don't have a home for Olisadebeh and the guys!!? :eek:

40.000? Well that's good! Parken only have the capacity of 42.075...
    Nope.
    We have 2 stadiums in Warsow, but they are not big and good, cause they are just club's stadiums. We ahve one big stadium, in Chorzów (the one I said about earlier), the biggest and the best, but this is placed in Chorzów, in Silesia. And Warsow and Silesia just hate each other, so our football authorities doesn't want to call it as national stadium, stupid proud or sth like that. More: they don't want to make it better, cause then this stadium would become national for sure.

Anyway I will look for sth about Silesian Stadiumand I will post it here :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)