Squad comparisons (1 Viewer)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
So let's compare our squad with our rivals, I'll start with Inter and us... Player by player (which doesn't really tell that much, but whatever...)

Toldo < Buffon

Zanetti > Zebina
Cordoba < Thuram
Materazzi < Cannavaro
Favalli < Zambrotta

Ze Maria = Camoranesi
Veron < Emerson
Davids > Blasi
Stankovic < Nedved

Adriano > Trezeguet
Vieri = Del Piero

Fontana = Chimenti
Carini > Bonnefoi

Dellafiore < Birindelli

Burdisso = Legrottaglie
Mihajlovic < Montero

Coco > Pessotto
Gamarra = Tudor

Van der Meyde < Olivera
C. Zanetti = Tacchinardi
Emre > Appiah
Kily > Kapo

Martins > Zalayeta
Recoba < Ibrahimovic

If you need me to explain, just ask...

And yeah most importantly:

Mancini < Capello

We win 11-8 :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I question this method of evaluating the squad but anyway...

Toldo << Buffon

Zanetti >>> Zebina
Cordoba > Thuram
Materazzi <<< Cannavaro
Favalli <<< Zambrotta

Ze Maria =(>) Camoranesi
Veron < Emerson
Davids > Blasi
Stankovic < Nedved

Adriano >> Trezeguet
Vieri > Del Piero

Fontana = Chimenti
Carini > Bonnefoi

Dellafiore << Birindelli

Burdisso >>> Legrottaglie
Mihajlovic < Montero

Coco > Pessotto
Gamarra =(<) Tudor

Van der Meyde =(>) Olivera
C. Zanetti = Tacchinardi
Emre > Appiah
Kily = Kapo

Martins >>> Zalayeta
Recoba <(<<) Ibrahimovic (This won hard to judge because inform Recoba is truly outstanding player)

Man to man in terms of technical ability Inter IMO is better. However, it seems we have a more balanced squad, and we have a group of individual who knows their roles and play within themselves. However, I think the depth of Inter in midfield might just edge them in front of us.

Jul 28, 2002
interesting game.....on paper we may appear superior but to be honest, on paper means nothing, arsenal on paper are nowhere near as good as chelski and utd, but they play as a team....so all weneed to do is play as a team.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
arsenal on paper are nowhere near as good as chelski and utd.
I'd say on paper they are much better than man United. Henry, pires, Vieira, Reyes and vieira would walk into their team

Len

Feb 13, 2004
On paper doesn't mean anything.....Look at Greece winning the EURO....look at Porto and Monaco making the final of the CL.....

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Let's try this with Milan:
(i'm just doing the first team..)

Dida < Buffon

Cafu > Zebina
Stam = Cannavaro
Nesta > thuram
Maldini < Zambrotta

Gatusso > Blasi
Pirlo =(>) Emerson
Kaka > Olivera
Seedorf < Nedved

Shevchenko > Trezeguet
Tomasson < Del Piero.

* It's hard to say who will be the first choise striker here. Crespo and Inzaghi are both when all are in form better than Tomasson but Tomasson seems the starter atm.

I'd say Milan's first team is on paper slightly stronger. + Maldini and Zambrotta are hard to compare, Zambrotta is much better in attack but Maldini is a better defender.

Dan

Back &amp; Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Inter have by FAR the better bench players. We have more World class players, but as far as an all round great squad goes, inter have that.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Dida < Buffon

Cafu > Zebina
Stam > Cannavaro
Nesta > thuram
Maldini = Zambrotta

Gatusso > Blasi
Pirlo = Emerson
Kaka > Olivera
Seedorf < Nedved

(i'll use crespo instead cos i think he'll start.and imo crespo is more of the striker here since sheva strays onto the right alot as well.therefore i'll compare him to trez.)
Crespo > Trezeguet
Shevchenko > Del Piero.

so actually it's a 7-2 to milan:D

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I told you, it doesn't mean anything on paper....... the result of the match depends on many other factors....

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Dida < Buffon

Cafu > Zebina
Stam > Cannavaro
Nesta > thuram
Maldini = Zambrotta

Gatusso > Blasi
Pirlo = Emerson
Kaka > Olivera
Seedorf < Nedved

(i'll use crespo instead cos i think he'll start.and imo crespo is more of the striker here since sheva strays onto the right alot as well.therefore i'll compare him to trez.)
Crespo > Trezeguet
Shevchenko > Del Piero.

so actually it's a 7-2 to milan:D
how can u say pirlo as good as emerson.. omg..

Pirlo ---MUCH BETTER>>>>>>> Emerson

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
only marginally imo.pirlo lacks the power,stamina and defensive prowess of emerson.plus emerson can both attack and defend,pirlo can attack all right but defensively he's very much below emerson.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think in comparison to both milan squads, Juve has a lot more limitations. Havign said that, i think our primary objective is to maintain our fitness levels, and if we can manage to do that better than the other sides, than we can look forward to some silverware this season. Think about it, in comparisons where a certain milanese player is better than a juventini, but the player is injured, than it goes a great deal in negating the strength they have over us in terms of depth.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Dida < Buffon ???

Hmm excuse me, but no, no way. If anything they are equal (=). This is pointless anyway. For example: Kaka vs Olivera. Our kid has been brilliant so far and Kaka has looked anything but that last night, so lets not judge on past glories. Same goes for Seedorf vs Nedved.

Aug 26, 2003
Dida < Buffon

Cafu < Zebina
Stam < Cannavaro
Nesta < thuram
Maldini < Zambrotta

Gatusso < Blasi
Pirlo <Emerson
Kaka < Olivera
Seedorf < Nedved

Shevchenko < Trezeguet
Tomasson < Del Piero.

:D

oh come on, that are just names, in football everything is possible with having the best players, with having great team spirit, good coach!!
(I think Euro 2004 and CL showed that stars are no security for titles)

I think we are equal to both Inter and Milan but to be on top you also need luck!! and hopefully it will come back this season!

so forza juve

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Pirlo is better than Emerson. Maybe not defensively and strenght-wise but in all other areas of the game Pirlo is the better one.

Pirlo imo might even be the best player(well at least one of the best) out there atm, if he plays like he did with Milan last year that is. He wasn't anything special during the olympics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)