Split: Nike-sponsored transfer targets (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
what is all this hype about a nike image frontman?

Are nike gonna pay for a transfer if he is a nike man or what?
Just look at it this way, most of the clubs sponsored by Nike have a big name Nike player within their midst. Barca have Ronaldinho. Man U have a number of players, most notably Van Nistelrooy. Arsenal have Henry. We have Zambrotta, but he's not the kind of player that's going to boost Nike commercially. We used to have Davids, but no longer.. I agree with the people that say Nike would like a big name player sponsored by them playing for Juve, but who? There's no-one on the market really. Maybe they'll offer Nedved a contract with them, or Emerson if we eventually sign him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
Hell yeah! I'll take Seol over Di Vaio or Trezeguet anyday, the only problem is that Moggi wouldn't.
:eek: It's times like these I love you Ian ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yet none of the above have the charisma or image to represent Juve sufficiently on the marketing front. Before we had Davids, who was IMO one of the most recognisable faces in the world to non-football fans, but now our best marketing 'tool' is Del Piero, who despite bringing in a lot of moolah with his image rights etc, isn't really one of the most talked about or well known players in the non-football world

gray

Apr 22, 2003
True, he's got a marketable image, but maybe it's because he's a goalkeeper it's a bit harder for him to appear in the typical football skills ads. I know they've used Casillas and Kahn in the past, but it's just not the same :)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Yeah, but being a goalkeeper sometimes is a pro, because for example non-football fans who ocasionally watch a match see him doing awesome saves and that "awesome goalkeeper" is stuck in their heads. Also among kids he's quite popular... The problem with selling shirts is that not too many people want a goalkeeper shirt but he could be better used to get more people to follow Juve and start liking the other players...

He's quite famous for Italy but like half of the non-football fans dont know he plays for Juve... unlike Maldini who's fastly associated with Milan, maybe because he's older and all that, but still it really impressed me in this Eurocup how most people didnt know that Buffon plays for Juve

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Buffon could be marketed waaay more than he actually is...
Well, he is contracted at Puma, and they make him quite popular. They use him as a kind of frontman, I think.

Jul 28, 2002
gigi is well marketed by puma...he is puma's front man in england (jus on par with pires).......

Enzo will be nike front man :stuckup:

OP

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31
    I dunno why but the more time goes buy the more I think that someone really big is comin to Juve...I have a feelin about this. Unfortunately cannot predict who...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++
    I dunno why but the more time goes buy the more I think that someone really big is comin to Juve...I have a feelin about this. Unfortunately cannot predict who...
    well unfortunately i don't think this feeling of yours is gonna come true:p

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++
    I dunno why but the more time goes buy the more I that noone is comin to Juve...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    If Nike really wants someone big to represent them in Juve, they'll buy Buffon's or Nedved's contracts out, it comes much cheaper...

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    may I remind you that if you're not intent on discussing a particular transfer or news story, there is a general discussion thread at the top of the transfer talk forum where you can talk about any manner of gossip or news, tactics formations for next year, whatever you like :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)