[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (6 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
No way. Not a single way.

Cristiano is much more complete player than Messi. Ronaldo can defend, physical much stronger and play more than in one position.
Who seriously takes defending under consideration. You sound like an Italian now.

Messi is faster and he can make wonders in a small area where C.Ronaldo doesn't do that very often. Messi uses his legs faster (not because he's smaller) and it's not like he's weak like Giovinco. He shows better creativity and adds more assists.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
@Red,
Yet he was always kept out of games like Barcelona(three times), Chelsea, Ac Milan and even Liverpool.

From what i've seen of both players, if theres anyone thats unstoppable its Messi. Only Chelsea completely neutralized Messi, Ronaldo has been stopped several times.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,705
    Well one can say the exact same thing about Gerrard and Zidane, yet we all know who the much better player is. Way more complete is not a good argument imo.
    No. Because Gerrard and Zidane do not play in the same position and do not have something in common to offer offensively. Wrong comparison.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    No. Because Gerrard and Zidane do not play in the same position and do not have something in common to offer offensively. Wrong comparison.
    I'm not sure if you've been following Liverpool in the past few years. But Gerrard has been playing as an AMC behind the strikers for 3 years now. Thats the exact same position Zidane used to play.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,708
    Who seriously takes defending under consideration. You sound like an Italian now.

Messi is faster and he can make wonders in a small area where C.Ronaldo doesn't do that very often. Messi uses his legs faster (not because he's smaller) and it's not like he's weak like Giovinco. He shows better creativity and adds more assists.
    Defending is very important in football nowadays. That's why Rooney is turning into one hell of a player.

And you're wrong there, Cristiano is the fastest player in La Liga. He sprints faster than any other player.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,710
    I'm not sure if you've been following Liverpool in the past few years. But Gerrard has been playing as an AMC behind the strikers for 3 years now. Thats the exact same position Zidane used to play.
    I follow Liverpool and Gerrard hasn't been playing AMC for three years. He plays when required when needed and yes he played for couple of years mostly in that position but it's not his natural position like Zidane. He's no playmaker. And he didn't play in that position too for the English NT.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I follow Liverpool and Gerrard hasn't been playing AMC for three years. He plays when required when needed and yes he played for couple of years mostly in that position but it's not his natural position like Zidane. He's no playmaker. And he didn't play in that position too for the English NT.
    Ok fair enough. I'll make another analogy to prove that being a more complete player does not equate being a better player.

Zlatan is more complete than Del Piero was at his best. But who is the better player??

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    It's easier to admit now that he's not a Man U anymore, but Ronaldo is a beast of a player. I still know who I;d fear more, and that's Messi. He's the guy I would want on my team in a CL final.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,715
    Ok fair enough. I'll make another analogy to prove that being a more complete player does not equate being a better player.

Zlatan is more complete than Del Piero was at his best. But who is the better player??
    Zlatan more complete player than Del Piero was at his best?:eek:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    Thats the only argument one can make for Ronaldo really. That he is a more complete player, and while that is true it does not make him a better player than Messi who is just phenomenal. Technically Messi is light years ahead of Ronaldo, his close ball control, his vision and his dribbling ability is just out of this world. Messi is also more of a team player.

You say Ronaldo makes tons of assists? Erm.. no no he doesn't actually. I can't even remember the last time Ronaldo created a goal for one of his teammates.
    I didn't say who the better player is and I also didn't say Ronaldo being a more complete player makes him a better player. You might prefer Messi in your team but it's naive to say that he's "of course" a better player.

I might be wrong and you know better but I remember that Ronaldo had many assists in the season he won the Ballon D'Or.

Messi is after Zidane in the list of the best players i ever watched.
    And I'm sure you've watched the Brazilian Ronaldo. You might hate him but you can't even say that Zizou is ahead of him in the list of the best players we've ever witnessed. Ronaldo is IMO the best striker who's ever played this game.

Well one can say the exact same thing about Gerrard and Zidane, yet we all know who the much better player is. Way more complete is not a good argument imo.
    Well it's a wrong analogy. Gerrard is nowhere near Zidane so you can't even insert the "more complete player" thing to the debate. The Ronaldo vs Messi comparison is much more closer and it's almost impossible to pick either of them.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Zlatan more complete player than Del Piero was at his best?:eek:
    Yes, more complete.

Yet you see despite Zlatan being more complete, DP was the better player at his prime without a doubt.

what i'm trying to say is, being a more complete player does not mean you are a better player.

I could name 80 more complete strikers than Inzaghi, but i can't name 10 that are better than him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)