[SPA] La I beat you 8-0 League2011/2012 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Athletic >>> Inter this season.

Lets see how many people disagree with that :p

---------- Post added 03.04.2012 at 15:33 ----------

Plus its not like the extremely mediocre Lazio and Udinese are such world beaters.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Same could be said for Napoli. Athletic are a very good and organised team.
Look at the standings. Atletic are 11th in Tom & Jerry league.

What's so funny about that?

Atletic humiliated your Manchester this season, two times.
We.. I mean, they didn't care about EL :p

But if we are going by that logic, Basel and Benfica must be better than United :frown:

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #5,848
    Athletic being 11th doesn't really do much for them.
    Lack of depth. They are killing it in EL and it's normal that they can't handle La Liga. Both Fiorentina and Napoli fell down when they an extra competition, while Schalke almost ended 17th when they focused on CL last season, and now they are in the top 4 again.

I'm not saying they are an amazing team, but they are better than Udinese, Lazio, Roma. And this season Spanish teams are quality in Europe.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Lack of depth. They are killing it in EL and it's normal that they can't handle La Liga. Both Fiorentina and Napoli fell down when they an extra competition, while Schalke almost ended 17th when they focused on CL last season, and now they are in the top 4 again.

I'm not saying they are an amazing team, but they are better than Udinese, Lazio, Roma. And this season Spanish teams are quality in Europe.
    Agreed on all counts.

May 22, 2007
    Ugh, I'm not here to say whether Italy/Spain have better teams. A lot of teams in Spain have been inconsistent domestically.

I agree they need more quality in the team. Bielsa is great.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #5,851
    Ugh, I'm not here to say whether Italy/Spain have better teams. A lot of teams in Spain have been inconsistent domestically.

I agree they need more quality in the team. Bielsa is great.
    :tup: He's an amazing coach. If we were searching for one, he'd be on the top of my list, I love his style and I loved his Chile too.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Lack of depth. They are killing it in EL and it's normal that they can't handle La Liga. Both Fiorentina and Napoli fell down when they an extra competition
    So you see the difference, Italians teams have the opposite priority. It's always been the case with Spanish teams, they go hard for the EL. In fact the teams often crash and burn within a couple of years generally.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #5,853
    So you see the difference, Italians teams have the opposite priority. It's always been the case with Spanish teams, they go hard for the EL. In fact the teams often crash and burn within a couple of years generally.
    How is that? Over the past 6 years Italian teams focus on Serie A, but they are generally very weak. Since they are doing it, I think they lost a lot of cash, and they are very weak when they show up in Europe. I don't think Italian way is the way to go, at all. Udinese, Palermo, Fiorentina and others all got weaker while doing that. On the other hand all teams from Spain and Germany have gotten stronger.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I don't agree that they are 'very weak', so I can't discuss that part further. Udinese getting weaker? Talking of losing lots of cash? See half of La Liga. Crash and burn Zaragoza, Betis, Sevilla, Villarreal, Deportivo, Alaves and Espanyol. Those Spanish teams have got what they deserves, both on the pitch for what they put into European competition, and off the pitch in the banks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)