South park thread (1 Viewer)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
South Park is good stuff. A little preachy at times, but I suppose that's part of its charm. Plus, I definitely still have a soft spot for dick and fart jokes. Probably always will. My favorite episode might be the one where all the kids are 'cheesing'... it's pretty recent... from season 12. Or maybe the episode where the kids are trying to lose their baseball games, so they don't have to play anymore. Randy is definitely the best character from SP.

If you're looking for South Park, go to www.allsp.com

I'm on a bit of a tangent here, but I would have to say that my favorite TV show is/was The Wire... which of course is finished now. It's worth checking out - I would highly recommend downloading it, and starting at the beginning. I don't really watch TV shows much - I watch a fair bit of futbol/sports and film - but The Wire was pretty freaking addictive...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I cannot believe what Comedy Central did yesterday.

For those who do not know, South Parks 200th episode last week was mainly focused around issues of censorship with the case example of the profit mohammed. It in no way mocked Mohammed it was purely a satire of the culture of fear/censorship that has arisen around him. They make dirrect references to the fact they had portrayed him in an earlier episode 'Super Best Friends' which had no ramifications.

The second episode of the two parter - 201. Was broadcast yesterday and Comedy Central Censored the use of the word 'Mohammed' and the conclusions given by Jesus, Stan & Santa Claus were censored.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/apr/22/south-park-censored-fatwa-muhammad

What do you lot think about this?

I find it absolutely ridiculous, especially considering Comedy Central have published episodes in the past in which south park clearly criticises such behaviour.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Yeah I watched it and even I thought it was dumb. I was so confused in the first 10 minutes I didn't even realise it was a continuation of an old episode.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It says that the writers were threatened vaguely by some online Muslim site.
http://tv.yahoo.com/south-park/show....en.reuters.com-20100422-us_southpark_muslims

I watched the episode and it upsets me that this type of radical behavior is still getting results and infringing on the right to freedom of expression even in the States. I will probably get banned if I say what I want to about that Muslim group so I will just hold my tongue this time.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
It says that the writers were threatened vaguely by some online Muslim site.
http://tv.yahoo.com/south-park/show....en.reuters.com-20100422-us_southpark_muslims

I watched the episode and it upsets me that this type of radical behavior is still getting results and infringing on the right to freedom of expression even in the States. I will probably get banned if I say what I want to about that Muslim group so I will just hold my tongue this time.
Can i say it for you?

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
Everyone bends over to islamofascists these days,quite sad really.

I thought americans had more balls than the european wussies,guess i was wrong.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Everyone bends over to islamofascists these days,quite sad really.

I thought americans had more balls than the european wussies,guess i was wrong.
Tbh I don't know what I would have done had I been in the situation of the South Park writers. I would like to say that I would have spurned those faggots and aired the episode uncensored but if that article is true having your name and address posted on a radical Muslim website next to a story about how somebody who did a similar thing was killed I would get freaked out as well.

So we still don't know whether it was the writers themselves or Comedy Central that decided to censor it but I would like to see that episode re-aired and completely uncensored as a big "Fuck you" to the radicals who still are trying to impose their beliefs over free expression.

I hate that these radicals are using threats of violence and still getting what they want.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
It wasnt Matt Stone & Trey Parker, they wanted to air the episode, but they are contractually obliged for it to be edited by Comedy Central...they had no choice. They said constantly in the past two weeks that they werent scared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)