Sopcast Access Problem! (2 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
OK well I don't know if it's the player bugging for you but try opening Sopcast as usual but as soon as the stream has started click the speaker icon to disable its sound.

Then you open VLC and open network stream. Enter this address:

http://localhost:8902/tv.asf

Then you should be able to view the stream in VLC. :)

You can also do this from terminal of course, I've made a very simple script to do this. If you can't the this to work we can try the script instead. :)
Just tried it, this is the message I got:

Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://localhost:8902/tv.asf'. Check the log for details.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Hey @Marty

It's not related to the forum but I thought maybe you'd have an idea. Since yesterday I've reinstalled Sopcast and since then when I click a sopcast link the application doesn't start anymore. Do you know how to fix this?

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Hey @Marty

It's not related to the forum but I thought maybe you'd have an idea. Since yesterday I've reinstalled Sopcast and since then when I click a sopcast link the application doesn't start anymore. Do you know how to fix this?
No probs :) I don't use Sopcast these days but it sounds like the file extension association was lost when you reinstalled Sopcast. See if you can get the browser to associate the sopcast extension with the Sopcast application again.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
No probs :) I don't use Sopcast these days but it sounds like the file extension association was lost when you reinstalled Sopcast. See if you can get the browser to associate the sopcast extension with the Sopcast application again.
It seems like I need to choose an application by default that opens the sop:// protocol but it also looks like that protocol is not in the windows 10 list. Never had this problem before so it's odd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)