Soon to be official: Mutu to Juve (5 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I want Miccoli to have a chance.

Anyway, according to La Gazzetta Drogba will sign for Chelsea soon.

Jul 19, 2003
Yep, Mourinho has set a deadline for them to finalize the deal. That being so, Marseille is looking at Zlatan as a replacement and they can probably convince Ajax with all that money they'll make off Drogba.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Yep, Mourinho has set a deadline for them to finalize the deal. That being so, Marseille is looking at Zlatan as a replacement and they can probably convince Ajax with all that money they'll make off Drogba.
Personally I don't see why Zlatan would leave Ajax for Marseille.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
Well apparently Drogba signed already. Tommorrow they should make the announcement. This would make very credible that Mutu will join Juve as the starter strikers in Chelsea would be Kezman-Drogba leavin no space for the rumanian striker.

Although I doubt he will come to Juve though. It wouldn't make any sense...we already have that position covered with DP and Miccoli. We would need someone to replace Trez instead.Will see...

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
what is this?

Inter got a player from Chelski on loan!
Then it was Milan. Are we going to close the north-Italian loaning from Chelski cycle, by trying to loan/sign Mutu???

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
Zlatan wants to get out of Ajax, to further his career, but where is he going to go? Juve don't seem interested and all the other big teams have signed a striker already.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I thought Drogba was suppose to replace Crespo.:undecide:. And they already released Jimmy which leaves them with Eidur, and Mutu as their only strikers. While I dont think Mutu game is suited to EPL, he would provide them with technical ability and creativity to complement the pace and directness of Drogba or power of Eidur.
My guess is that they are going to sign another striker beside Drogba if that is the case. Rooney?
Anyway, I would be delighted with this deal. Mutu is a special talent, and I think he would benifit playing in Serie A. Also he would be ready made replacement for Del Piero. He and Miccoli could form dynamic forward partnership if we can complement them with good striker a la Koller mold.

Tnx sparty, I forgot that they have signed Kezman.
But that I am still puzzled by the fact that why would Chelsea want to move him and why would we want Mutu ATM? Kezman, Eidur, Drogba, are all players that likes to score goals rather than create, while Mutu didnt have best of season he provide ability that is different to the players that I have mentioned above. As for Juve, having Mutu, Del Piero, Miccoli, Nedved are just too many small technicial based forward. What we need is a backup for Trezeguet IMO.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Mutu is an investment people. Del Piero and Trez simply isn't enough on their form. Mutu would be excellent, just what we need. And I believe he is taller than both Miccoli and Del Piero, but not Trez. IMO Mutu-DP, Mutu-Trez would both work.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
I thought Drogba was suppose to replace Crespo.:undecide:. And they already released Jimmy which leaves them with Eidur, and Mutu as their only strikers. While I dont think Mutu game is suited to EPL, he would provide them with technical ability and creativity to complement the pace and directness of Drogba or power of Eidur.
My guess is that they are going to sign another striker beside Drogba if that is the case. Rooney?
Anyway, I would be delighted with this deal. Mutu is a special talent, and I think he would benifit playing in Serie A. Also he would be ready made replacement for Del Piero. He and Miccoli could form dynamic forward partnership if we can complement them with good striker a la Koller mold.
You forgot about Kezman. They're going to have Eidur, Kezman, Drogba, and maybe one other, but it probably won't be Mutu.

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
You forgot Kezman

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++

For a tougher challenge. As much as I enjoy watching the Eredivisie, it's not too competitive. In France, he'd face more quality teams. On the other hand, he's pretty much guaranteed a European spot in Holland.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
BTW, I think if this rumor is true regardless of Mutu joing us or not Di Vaio will definetely leave. Maybe we are looking at Mutu as an eventual replacement for Del Piero, or maybe Capello will play attacking 4-3-3 formation next year.
Anyway I totally agree with Persian Mafia, Mutu is indeed an investment and good one at that.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
BTW, I am not keen on Drogba - Kezman partnership. I regard both players as "face the goal I am going to score" type of players. They are simialr type of players with different aspects to their game - Droga relies on pace and power whereas Kezman is more reliant on finesse.
Eidur would be better complement to Drogba because he has good footballing brain, and plays very well with his back towards the goal. And he is far better in the air than the other two, a necessary asset in EPL IMO.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
Zlatan wants to get out of Ajax, to further his career, but where is he going to go? Juve don't seem interested and all the other big teams have signed a striker already.
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
For a tougher challenge. As much as I enjoy watching the Eredivisie, it's not too competitive. In France, he'd face more quality teams. On the other hand, he's pretty much guaranteed a European spot in Holland.
The thing about Zlatan is that he's got more to loose than to gain by this. He's finally settled in Holland, he's playing in the best team in the country, showing of in the CL each season, got a safe place in the starting eleven and probably quite a good pay check.

Why risk all this for a place in a team that isn't regarded as bigger than Ajax? I don't see it happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)