Songs that are kinda same as... (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ancelotti ] ++

Why does one have to have a favourite band? I'm not a groupie....
lame excuse.

ok, you like some song from some band, then you listen to more songs from that band. you like them as well. there you go, you have a fav band.

seriously, if we are all so mainstream, what do milan fans listen to? underground alternative punk?

and have ever listened to exit music by radiohead to call them mainstream? do you know anything else apart from creep? **** i hate people who think to better than everyone else

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Radiohead per se are not mainstream, however from what I have seen regarding their 2 or 3 last albums (After Ok Computer) is that people buy their album just so they look cool having a radiohead album not cos they really like the music, which is quite a pity. Ever noticed this fliakis?

Sep 28, 2002
yes, i've noticed that. how else can radiohead have a #1 album ;) radiohead are cool so everyone wants to be cool by buying their stuff. forum member zambrotta said something like this once.

these things do happen. but the funny thing is that amnesiac and kid a were completely different than ok computer. radiohead were just doing what they felt like doing. they bought some computer stuff and experimented with it while recording albums. those who expected something like ok computer or the bends must have been really disappointed. that was really some alternative music. ok comp sounds popish compared to them. but this has nothing to do with your question.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah cos objectively neither Amnesiac nor Kid A were #1 material in term of commerciality. But people jumped on the radiohead bandwagon :rolleyes:

I'm proud that I've been a radiohead fan since 'the bends' (that is before they really hit it big with OK Computer), though obviously people who have been a fan of theirs before that are the originals :D

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #51
    ++ [ originally posted by ancelotti ] ++

Why does one have to have a favourite band? I'm not a groupie....

ok, you can continue listening to Garrett Gates now :)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Yeah cos objectively neither Amnesiac nor Kid A were #1 material in term of commerciality. But people jumped on the radiohead bandwagon :rolleyes:

I'm proud that I've been a radiohead fan since 'the bends' (that is before they really hit it big with OK Computer), though obviously people who have been a fan of theirs before that are the originals :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)