Solution for RB (2 Viewers)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
nahhh.. that would be tooo attacking... we cannot have two midfield like all out attacking fullbacks right and left.... we should got a more defensive minded right back.. one that can play as a right centre back when zambrotta go astray on the left wing...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 26, 2003
I think when we don't find someone we can give Birindelli a chance, most of the time when fielded he played great! Ok he isn't my favourite player but he has proven himself!

other solution Chiellini he is said to be next Zambrotta...

Romano

May 22, 2004
No it looks like Trabelsi is signing a new contact at Ajax .. pfff ...
But Miguel is actualy a Right-Midfielder, but he is placed back to Right-Back thats why he runs up and down :)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Mikhail,

I have a different view on Miguel. He seemed to be one of those adventurous full-backs who loves going forward. And his blistering pace can be a weapon, IMO. Nonetheless, his defending is solid, and he is able cover ground because he has such a good athleticism.
One of the drawback is, of course, he is extremely raw. His crossing needs some refining, but other than that he is quality right back, IMO.

BTW, Ferreira is way overrated IMO, and not even worth half the amount Chelsea paid. Only player who rivals him, IMO, in terms of unwarranted reputation is, surprise, his former teammate Deco.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Zeit-somthing - he just signed for Porto though. Miguel looked solid to me, but I think he's a bit weak going forward. That's not the end of the world for a full-back, but I prefer full-backs who can join in the attack when they're needed. It gives a lot of width.

While Miguel has been heavly linked to Newcastle, it looks like he's been priced out of their range - he's available.
His name is Seitaridis afaik :)

About Miguel, I disagree. Whenever I've seen him he has been a powerful force to be reckoned with when going forward. He's the world's best RB along with Puyol atm IMO.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i dont think Capello is going to use a right back actually. if you look at the players being rumoured and who have joined, it makes more sense him playing 3 at the back, with wingers.

as christain j mentioned, zambrotta and jankulovski will be wingers. Thuram gets his wish of being central again. Cannavaro is being looked at as is chivu. the czech rep defender is also. zebina, bonera...all players who would fit well in a 3 man defence.

im not sure if i agree with a 3 man defence because it means we need a true playmaker as such which nedved really isnt.

we have many options nonetheless, thuram, zebina, zambrotta can all play at right back, and so can a player like bonera if he joins.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
giorgios seitardis is indeed a good choice but the chances of getting him are close to zilch.the moment one club decides to put in an offer a bidding war will be sparked off.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Jun,I agree....

But I would go for him anyway
I definetely agree barkuss. Miguel is very interesting player IMO, though it is hard to judge him based on one tournament.
However, I cannot see Juve signing such a raw player - I never seen a full-back playing for us and his game is more suited to 3back defence rather than conventional 4-4-2. If anything Seitardis seems to be more prototype Serie A player than Miguel.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Bad Idea.....having two midfielders in def.line--------->BAD!
Agreed. I don't know why people are so hyped about Jankulovski playing left back. First of all, Zambrotta is way better, and second Jank is a left sided midfielder and we desperately need one of them!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
I have a different view on Miguel. He seemed to be one of those adventurous full-backs who loves going forward. And his blistering pace can be a weapon, IMO... he is extremely raw. His crossing needs some refining...
I don't disagree with a lot of that, but I don't think he'll ever amount to much going forward other than a fast player who can't cross - not a great attacking full-back then IMO. You may well disagree there!

BTW, Ferreira is way overrated IMO, and not even worth half the amount Chelsea paid. Only player who rivals him, IMO, in terms of unwarranted reputation is, surprise, his former teammate Deco.
He looked fantastic to me in the CL all last season - he really is comfortable attacking, and he seemed competant defending too. Of course he's been hyped and overpriced - the former is because he's joined Chelsea from the champions of europe, while the latter is because Chelsea bid for him! :) He's still a good player though.

BTW, what do people think of Melchiot? He'd make a decent Juve player, IMO, at the very least as the reserve right-back, and he's available for nothing.

Sep 1, 2002
Buffon: best goal keeper in the world
Thuram: once was best Defender in the world
Nedved: best czech in the world (maybe to soon be disposed by Rosicky
Del Piero: best Forward in the world. Only joking. best overated player in the world maybe.

Puyol!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)