Sol Campbell (No. Del Horno, Yes) (1 Viewer)

Sep 1, 2002
First with the signing of Francesco Antonioli, and now the strongly rumoured signing of Sol Campbel, it would seem that we are trying to make a positive impact on the average age of our team. They will bring much needed youth to our aged defence.

Just as a thought, what about the truely gifted Del Horno, who seems to be having a difficult time in Chelsea's cold and damp arena? Ah too young I fear.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
bianconero said:
First with the signing of Francesco Antonioli, and now the strongly rumoured signing of Sol Campbel, it would seem that we are trying to make a positive impact on the average age of our team. They will bring much needed youth to our aged defence.
I hope that was sarcasm, Sol is 31.

bianconero said:
Just as a thought, what about the truely gifted Del Horno, who seems to be having a difficult time in Chelsea's cold and damp arena? Ah too young I fear.
As for Del Horno, only for the right price (ie Free), the magic word to Moggi.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Ian said:
I hope that was sarcasm, Sol is 31.

of course that was sarcasm ... even an iguana would see that from a mile away. (Not that I'm implying that you have the intellect of an iguana, salamander, house lizard or any other reptile for that matter.)* Also sarcasm, my cold blooded friend*

.... especially when he mentioned Antonioli who is Thirty-Seven years young.

Ah I love lizards.

Gasbarroni

Accelerati Incredibilus
Dec 15, 2005
Campbell is better of on the bench in London, maybe he can go back to Tottenham but NEVER to Juve. And about Del Horno he hasn't impressed me one bit with Chelsea I'd pick Chiellini over him any day!

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Think moggi should pick young Italian players from now on and during there interviews ask who was their favourite Club as a child, If it was Juventus, They're in! :D

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Mr. Gol said:
Such as Marchionni?

Maybe! But i'd rather have a player who plays his heart out for the love of the club rather than one who walks off the pitch everytime thinking, Oh well, least im getting paid.

Vieira/ Zlatan/ Zebina/ ........Oh look no Italians. :disagree:

Pile in the young Italian blooded boys Moggi that Juve are crying out for. :smoke:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Sol cambell? well im more than sure arsenal would love to get rid of him, he hasnt been great for them and the senderos and kolo partnership has raised many eyebrows in europe as well as in premiership. It would be certainly insane for us to get him, he is a slow mercenary he reminds me of the grandad of english football a player who really hasnt got much ambition or rather hunger in him.. I would say hell NO to him.. even if we get him free.

Del horno, has been awful at chelsea TBH mourinho and everyone expected better from him. However he is young and its his first season in the EPL so to a certain extent its understandble.. will chelsea get rid of him? its quite unlikely but they may after the WC depending on how he does but for a hefty price. Also whats this thing about us being linked with left backs all of a sudden? We have zambro, cheillini and even balza.. why the hell would we need another left back when our real problem is the right back position.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
First of all it is not a first time that we are linked with Campbell.
I really don't see him in our squad,simply because he doesn't fit in!
I prefer Gallas,Barzagli or even Thuram for another season.

As for Del Horno,why would we need him,we already have Zambrotta,Chiellini and Balzaretti.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Maybe we are considering the campbell situation (IF we are that is) just so we could be able to keep a clean sheet if we come across another English team in next seasons C.L

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We needed a Candiens fan as a Moderator. Now, I might be able to get away with saying even more stuff than I'm normally allowed to get away with.

Sol Campbell?? Not shocking, nor surprising either. And a terrible move, in my opinion, if this ever comes to fruition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)