So What Was The Greatest Juve Team In History? (1 Viewer)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
please elaborate
Nah..
You don't want to go there��
It's same as those PLol fans, league too stronk, so energy drained at CL

But we're seriously cursed for losing against Dortmund's Kohler, Sousa and Muller. How could we losing against 3 ex player still baffles me

Same as above, pls explain..
Gramps always said 80 better than 90, but i never understood why, we're undoubtely a monster at 90.
And tbh i never seen 80es Juve, so please forgive my ignorance.
Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

80ties juve had that calm and confidence to win finals. They'll just show up and win, except on the first try in 82. Think of Messi's barcelona or recent Madrid. They arent teams that lose finals. They win them

90ties juve learned how good it was when it beat hot favorite ajax, however
- Destroyed everything and than didnt show up in the second final
- Destroyed everything and than didnt show up in the third final
- Destroyed everything, absolutely killed United at their home, but then didnt show up at home in the return game.

In a way, 90ties juve is like 2012-2016 juve. They win all the leagues, but lost that european final, and didnt show up against serie a minnows in domestic cup finals.

However, 80ties juve seems to be like 2016/2017 juve. We just show up against these scary teams and win the games. There is incredible self belief and hunger.

I hope 2015 was our 'lost 82 final', that developped a scar, and that now we can move to that 84-85 juve. So confident and determined. Pure winners.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So yeah how would you rank this club/era among the other great ones
We haven't won anything yet this season. IF we manage to win the treble, and given our achievements during this 5-6 year period, this edition of Juve will definitely have to be considered in the best Juve of all time discussion.

OP
Ventus
Mar 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #25
    The English press keeps referring to this team as Allegri's Juve. Reminds me of the 90s when Juventus were genuinely feared in Europe (Lippi's Juve). This is definitely one of our most successful periods, it would be a shame without a champions league.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    If this side can win the CL in this Era with the core group remaining it may be the best ever. 90s early 2000s U8ve was amazing though and will always be my favourite. I cant speak of anything before.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Capello's Juve :rofl: :p

Platini's Juve probably shades it, but I was too young back then, so I'm going to go with mid-late 90s Juve, the only Juve that managed to bring me joy, and sadness, in the CL.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    80s were are a romantic era, the last one before football became so... Sportistic and blunt.
    Individually i rank the 80s players higher than the 90s players, coaches too. But Juve always had a combination of average players in the first eleven to accompany the brilliance of the Platinum and Baggios.
    Except from the late Capello era, were we trully could field a WC level player in almost every spot of our starting eleven, so I guess it hots to be it, on the other hand, we didn't win as much in Europe, so it's debatable...

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    If this side can win the CL in this Era with the core group remaining it may be the best ever. 90s early 2000s U8ve was amazing though and will always be my favourite. I cant speak of anything before.
    Agreed. Nedved, DP, Buffon, that entire defense, just incredible shit. Even had Zlatan for a little while.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Results-wise, Juve of Lippi's first stint.

Quality-wise, Trap's Juve. He really should've won more CLs. Had the best team in the world. Lippi did too but more so because of the running and pressing than having immense technically gifted players (in both attack and defense) Trap had.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
    I only started following Juventus in 2002-03 season so this is the strongest Juve I've ever watched i think. The 2002-2006 team was probably as strong skill wise or even stronger but the management was poorer. In fact, given the competition, I'd say this Juventus under Allegri has done even better than the 96-98 Juve. Have to remember that we are now against Messi and Ronaldo led teams in an era where we are a lot weaker financially than in the past

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    I only started following Juventus in 2002-03 season so this is the strongest Juve I've ever watched i think. The 2002-2006 team was probably as strong skill wise or even stronger but the management was poorer. In fact, given the competition, I'd say this Juventus under Allegri has done even better than the 96-98 Juve. Have to remember that we are now against Messi and Ronaldo led teams in an era where we are a lot weaker financially than in the past
    :shifty: :rolleyes: :andyandbarcelona:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Yeah, talent is more concentrated now in the richest clubs. Back then some WC players still played in obscure leagues.

We had some hardworking but less technical players like Toricelli, Pessotto, Di Livio/Conte, then Tacchinardi though. And that team was still undoubtedly #1 in the world. So, even with no teams with Messi and Cristiano, still an amazing job by Lippi and his staff.

I also think current mgmt is even better.

OP
    Ventus
    Mar 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #40
    I wonder were would rank this one now that its more or less over?

2015 had our strongest midfield and 2017 had our best defence. For all the ups and downs it'll still be the best Juve since Lippi though because of dominance in Serie A and the 2 CL finals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)