Singer Barry White dead at 58 (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
'I am thrilled throughout my soul to be creating music'

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Velvet-voiced singer Barry White, the two-time Grammy winner who inspired millions to get in the mood with such hits as "Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe," died Friday, his manager told CNN. He was 58.

The crooner died at 9:35 a.m. (12:35 p.m. EDT) at Cedars Sinai Hospital, said White's manager since 1973, Ned Shankman. He was alone when he died.

"It was just a series of things brought on by his high blood pressure, which triggered kidney failure and a mild stroke and ongoing low-grade infections that they just couldn't get on top of," Shankman said.

White had been on dialysis, but had been doing some studio work.

"He had a most unique voice, a most unique appearance," Shankman said. "He was just a very unique guy."

Once, he said, researchers played his music to whales. "It absolutely made them mate more," he said.

The singer's bass, sultry tones graced such hits as "Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe" and "You're My First, My Last, My Everything."

White, his songs sensual, was the love machine to millions of fans.

His biggest hits came during the disco days of the 1970s, with hits like, "I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little More, Baby," which he referred to as "my anthem."

During the 1980s and 1990s, he converted subsequent generations into admirers, too.

White credited the fact that he wrote and produced the songs, and worked long and hard, for his staying power.

"I sleep music, I eat music, I'm never without it, I'm never without music, that's my first lady," he once told a reporter.

White insisted he was a homebody, happiest in the studio he had built in his house. "I am passionate, I am romantic, I am thrilled throughout my soul to be creating music," he said.

White, who married and divorced twice, leaves eight children.

Taken from cnn.com

------------------------------

Well this is sad :frown: Loved his music!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)