Since we all love him... (1 Viewer)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I completely agree with Paul here about watching the game live,
Thats something i dont hear very often:)

Outside of River in this thread... it has to be said i have never once heard a person who has been to a game say that you see more on the tv

As for Iuliano, I agree he's been loyal to Juve for many years, and I personally would love to see him become a coach for us, as well as Ferrara, Pessotto and Conte.
agreed

But, he's been playing pretty bad IMO. He's movement is bad, he doesnt have any real pace, he often loses his player and never manages to get the offside trap right. Every time I've seen him last season he's been responsible for at least on goal in every match.
I think thats a little harsh... and somewhat unfair as to be honest every single one {except zambro) of our defenders stood up to that description last season... but i see where your coming from

They were all bad this year and the constant changing of partnerships didnt help either... personally i feel if you discard last season which was indeed awful for our whole rear guard... then i dont think your description is accurate at all... but as i said, i understand it... jus dont agree

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, I have to agree he was a quality player once, but I fear, as with the rest of our defence, his age is catching up with him.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I too agree that you see more at the live game...but since I'm in North America..well, you get the idea !!!

I'm not blaming Iuliano alone for the defensive collapse last season. The whole line (except Zambro) was pretty crappy. I think Iuliano should be sold, but I do respect his loyalty to our team (thanks for that info Paul !!!)

River

Jun 15, 2004
This site deserves some kind of award for the amount of people who dont actually read what they are posting in response off.

I have said how watching in a stadium helps with those things. And I have explained how I agree how important off the ball play is.
The point im making is stadium V TV dosent make a big enough difference for Paul to tell the rest of you that he knows more about that player than you. Now to keep it simple. Do you agree with that?

Its really annoying how people dont read posts around here before answering :groan:[/QUOTE]

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Thats something i dont hear very often:)

Outside of River in this thread... it has to be said i have never once heard a person who has been to a game say that you see more on the tv
Paul, why dont you respond to what ive posted instead of trying to make a point I didnt make. I have already said about how certain things at the stadium are better. I havent disagreed with any point you have made about the advantages of being at the stadium.

The point I have made is that YOU cannot rate him as a player better than THE JUVENTUS fans here simply because you were at the stadium. I find it simply amazing how people havent seen this point and how people havent already disagreed. 90% of members here havent been to see juve play, so 90% really not know much about these players at all, according to what you are saying

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I agree with Paul when he says that you can have a better impression of what's going on on the field in terms of tactics and player movement, and I concede that he's probably in a much better position to tell us about Iuliano's movement off the ball and positioning sense, but IMHO I don't think that difference is enough to turn Iuliano from a TV villain to a curva hero.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I agree with Paul when he says that you can have a better impression of what's going on on the field in terms of tactics and player movement, and I concede that he's probably in a much better position to tell us about Iuliano's movement off the ball and positioning sense, but IMHO I don't think that difference is enough to turn Iuliano from a TV villain to a curva hero.
I was the one who said about how stadium gives a better impression of that :wallbang: So there isnt something to agree with, thats not the issue.

But yeah :D

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Paul, why dont you respond to what ive posted instead of trying to make a point I didnt make. I have already said about how certain things at the stadium are better. I havent disagreed with any point you have made about the advantages of being at the stadium.
A point you didnt make...
Whats the big difference? On TV you can see better if anything.
when I ever go to a football match (and im a hell of alot closer than you probably are in Turin) I never see anything more .
Its nigh on impossible to reply directly at your posts river cause you change your mind with every post... if you read through your posts in this thread... you have said both sides you are also unwilling to accept a different opinion or outlook... you cry foul that someone isnt taking notice of yours but your posts are the ones saying your the only one thats right.

The point I have made is that YOU cannot rate him as a player better than THE JUVENTUS fans here simply because you were at the stadium. I find it simply amazing how people havent seen this point and how people havent already disagreed. 90% of members here havent been to see juve play, so 90% really not know much about these players at all, according to what you are saying
You scream for people to read what you write... but you havent read what i wrote... i never said i know more than others cause i go to our matches.

I said it SURPRISES me that players people think highly of in scirea are dissapproved of here....

It allways surprises me the ill feeling towards luliano on this (and a certain other forum) yet in the delle alpi he is well loved and respected... Go sit in scirea and you wont find many ill words about luliano
I then said I PERSONALLY THINK there is a big difference between watching on tv and in the staium... and gave reasons why

Personally i also think theres a massive difference between watching on tv and actually seeing the game where you can see what the players are actually doing rather than jus those in your little screen.

As is shown to me by many players i see scorned upon here... who are highly respected for there play on our curva by the people that are at every single match. and by myself
I did NOT SAY that i know more than others because i watch matches live.

And as for you arguing you dont see more at the stadium... well that is ridiculous and something you yourself in this thread have squirmed away from.

Im sorry if you take what i write in the wrong manor... but you should take your own advice and read what is written

Im sorry but what can i do... You say i wrote some thing that i didnt, then you say you didnt say something that you did say... then complain that people dont read posts properly

You can interpret what i wrote in anyway you like... but its pretty clear what i actually meant... its not my fault if you cant see it... and feel the need to come up with your own convoluted explanations of what I write

River

Jun 15, 2004

A point you didnt make...

Its nigh on impossible to reply directly at your posts river cause you change your mind with every post... if you read through your posts in this thread... you have said both sides you are also unwilling to accept a different opinion or outlook... you cry foul that someone isnt taking notice of yours but your posts are the ones saying your the only one thats right.

You scream for people to read what you write... but you havent read what i wrote... i never said i know more than others cause i go to our matches.

I said it SURPRISES me that players people think highly of in scirea are dissapproved of here....

I then said I PERSONALLY THINK there is a big difference between watching on tv and in the staium... and gave reasons why

I did NOT SAY that i know more than others because i watch matches live.

And as for you arguing you dont see more at the stadium... well that is ridiculous and something you yourself in this thread have squirmed away from.

Im sorry if you take what i write in the wrong manor... but you should take your own advice and read what is written
Yet you skippee the part were i was explaining everything. I had said those previous points in relation to the topic at hand, isnt that what you do in a thread? Your still banging on about seeeing more at the match, thats hardly the issue.

The point i have tried to make which you have not once answered is, that you cannot see more to the degree that you are better able to judge the player than TV viewers. Thats the point i have said throughout that is rediculous and thats the point you and everyone excluding graham have skipped. So if people dont reply to my main point, dosent that tell me people are not reading my posts?

So if you can manage it this time, maybe you will reply to that point and stop wasting everyones time.

unwilling to accept a different opinion or outlook? No im not. But your opinion that you can judge a player better than the rest because you were at the stadium i find way off.

And dont get the wrong idea here, im not annoyed at all, or find anything you write in the wrong manor. But when I waste time posting, I find it annoying that you havent once answered the whole point.

Anyways obviously you are not going to address that, and are just going to dance around on it so lets leave it.

Funny thing is though that you werent even bagging on me, but all the juve fans on this forum. Hehe what a pack of fools to not even notice.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Sorry River... but seeing as i didnt say what you are saying i said... there is nothing for me to answer

You twist what i say to your own end and expect a response... i have explained what i said... but you have to find your own wrong interpretation.... I know exactly what i said and what i meant... you dont like that and you want to see some other explanation that isnt there, then that my friend is up to you

River

Jun 15, 2004
Lets make this more simple:

You believe that being in the stadium compared to watching on TV results in stadium fans having the opposite opinions of a players quality to tv fans because you can see more? (and according to you this was all fans at stadium compared to all fans here)

Or where you just informing us that people in the stadium had a different opinion? Which can only mean that people here dont know very much.

You choose your answer.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Lets make this more simple:

Or where you just informing us that people in the stadium had a different opinion? Which can only mean that people here dont know very much.

You choose your answer.
Yes that is what i said... people in the stadium in have a different opinion on certain players than people here...

The key word being OPINION

How you draw from that, that i said people here dont know very much... i have no idea

That is not in any way shape or form what i said.

I said it surprises me that there is a difference of opinion between the tv fans and stadium fans.

I did not say that people didnt know anything if they only watched on tv... nor did i say they were wrong.

That my friend was your interpretation , not what i said or indeed meant

River

Jun 15, 2004
It allways surprises me the ill feeling towards luliano on this (and a certain other forum) yet in the delle alpi he is well loved and respected
Actually you didnt mention opinion. But yeah.

I havent been here long, but from what ive seen it just seems like you put yourself in a different category than the other juventus fans here quite alot. Its alittle annoying.

Perhaps you did just post that as a useless observation, I thought it was something more. So this has been kinda pointless hasnt it.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
I think watching a game on tv is more than enough to evaluate a player's ability with the ball.
watching a game in a stadium gives you an extra, and you can rate the player more in terms of movements, positioning and other stuff that you can't see on tv.
so if you want to have a complete opinion about the player, you must see him both on tv and from the stadium.
though I agree with River that if the player don't know how to play, it doesn't matter how good he is in movements and positioning, and this is easy to see from tv.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002

Actually you didnt mention opinion. But yeah.{/quote]
Finally... some kind of agreement

I havent been here long, but from what ive seen it just seems like you put yourself in a different category than the other juventus fans here quite alot. Its alittle annoying.
Seeing as that before a few days ago i hadnt posted in 2 weeks and even then only posted in 1 thread and again hadnt posted before that in a further 2 weeks... and really havent been what you could call a regular poster in a long time... I cant see you are really qualified to judge mty posting on the basis of ,what... 2 threads.
But ... you can think what you like about me ... I am bothered not a jot.

Then dont you think i find it annoying your continual mis interpretation and spinning of what i say to your own end.

Perhaps you did just post that as a useless observation, I thought it was something more. So this has been kinda pointless hasnt it.
As was clear in my writing it was jus a simple observation... useless... no i dont think so... the difference of how fans in our stadium see things and how the forum see things is indeed relevent and an interesting discussion point.

It has indeed been pointless... but hey... what are forums for

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
I think watching a game on tv is more than enough to evaluate a player's ability with the ball.
watching a game in a stadium gives you an extra, and you can rate the player more in terms of movements, positioning and other stuff that you can't see on tv.
so if you want to have a complete opinion about the player, you must see him both on tv and from the stadium.
I think.. most and i know i do... do indeed watch every game they see at the tadium on tv also.
though I agree with River that if the player don't know how to play, it doesn't matter how good he is in movements and positioning, and this is easy to see from tv.
Again this comes from rivers spin and not from what was actually said..... No one actually said any different

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)