Simone Zaza (6 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Like he said he always takes them like that, but penalty shoot-outs will always make a villain of someone.
His penalty is ridiculed more for the run up than the actual shot itself. He went for power over placement but there's no doubt in my head that Pelle was a shocker. Darmian took a soft one too.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
Nope, i think the same.

I was shouting at the screen that he only undermines himself, that Neuer will not be remotely off guard by such bull$#@!.

Zaza, tried something to slow down his speed, send neuer wrong way (he did) but then ballooned it slightly.

- - - Updated - - -

Chiellini was almost certain to miss
That penalty from Pelle was the worst I have seen in a long time.

Zaza was a bit unlucky, I mean if you go for power the marging of error is higher.

Pelle sent a soft shot wide of the post. Unacceptable for a striker.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
He was too hot headed to take a penalty, I actually did thought he was gonna miss, but that was still a shocker of a penalty kick..definitely would have been better to get el sha or even just use Sturaro ahead of him in the order..

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
His penalty is ridiculed more for the run up than the actual shot itself. He went for power over placement but there's no doubt in my head that Pelle was a shocker. Darmian took a soft one too.
Pelle's was way worse. It's not even a debate.

Zaza sent Neuer the wrong way, and put it like 6" over the crossbar. He didn't sky it by a mile. The run-up was the only absurd thing about his penalty.

Schweinsteiger's was far worse too. He caught his foot under the ball somehow and skied by a good 6 feet, with very little power on it. Shocker of a penalty from him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Like he said he always takes them like that, but penalty shoot-outs will always make a villain of someone.
I know. But isn't the bigger question why he always takes them like that? Wouldn't a normal run up make it easier for a player to hit the ball well? With Bonucci I can sort of understand you want to tempt the goalkeeper in diving too early. But this ballerina thing doesn't serve a purpose at all.

Still, I feel for Zaza. Missing a penalty is bad enough, being ridiculed by the entire world for it is just awful. His apology on instagram seemed pretty sincere too and tbh it's pretty bad that someone has to apologise for missing a penalty in the first place.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
I know. But isn't the bigger question why he always takes them like that? Wouldn't a normal run up make it easier for a player to hit the ball well? With Bonucci I can sort of understand you want to tempt the goalkeeper in diving too early. But this ballerina thing doesn't serve a purpose at all.

Still, I feel for Zaza. Missing a penalty is bad enough, being ridiculed by the entire world for it is just awful. His apology on instagram seemed pretty sincere too and tbh it's pretty bad that someone has to apologise for missing a penalty in the first place.
Its a reason players never trip around the ball when taking shots and freekicks. The best and most effecient way to kick the ball where you want it is ofcourse to run towards it and kick it. Zaza played himself and deserves the backlash. Why the pk kicker feels the need to play mindgames i dont understand. They are at a massive advantage allready. A hard wellplaced kick near the top or bottom of the post is never gonna be saved, unless the goalkeeper dives very early, and in those cases the player should only kick the ball to the other side. The nervousness and enourmous pressure on the players also suggest its smart to make it as easy and uncomplicated as possible, not fucking tripping and faints, when that only complcates thing and are much harder to do when tired, nervous and maybe on the verge of breakdown.

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
His agent is really starting to piss me off, "He wants to play, we will evaluate his future"... if he doesn't want to be here then fuck off.
Where will he go? be a starter for garbage teams like milan or inter? I'm sick of agents who can't stop talking.. what the hell did Zaza do in his career that he has the audacity to go on the media and asks for his player to play more? there's no respect anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)