Simone Zaza (6 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's easily good enough to be a bench option and has a habit of popping up with timely goals as a sub, because of his energy and self-belief.

And his attitude is fantastic. No complaining, always motivated, and dedicated to improving himself, which he did vastly over the course of his first season here.
Sure. But I'd understand if we'd get someone else too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
What? This is just dumb.

Zaza has never once complained about playing time, or fighting for it. He clearly accepted his role as 4th choice and that he would have to work his ass off for playing, and scored several very timely goals for us.

:lol: not willing to accept being 4th choice. If you have a striker who is perfectly fine with this, and has no ambition to get better, earn more playing time, score regularly. That's a $#@! ass striker I don't want on this team.
First of all, he did complain. but that's not the point... let me rephrase.
Zaza is not good enough to be a starter, and IMO will never be. but he will not accept his role - he wants to play more and I get that, but there are levels you have to go through in order to play for Juve, and he lacks the patience.
And to be perfectly honest, I just don't think he's smart (football smart I mean) enough to be successful.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sure. But I'd understand if we'd get someone else too.
The point is, 4th choice strikers like Zaza are very rare. He's not the Matri, Pelle, etc type of confidence striker that only scores when in good runs of form and loses confidence when not scoring or playing often. Those guys often suck as 4th choice types because they don't have the confidence and aggression to make a great impact off the bench...

Zaza is perfect for the role because of his unnatural confidence and work ethic. Even though I disliked Quags. It was the same with him. They are perfect bench strikers because they always have that self-belief.

You sell them if they want to leave, or they have an adverse effect on the team with poor mentality, which Zaza has not shown yet.

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
The point is, 4th choice strikers like Zaza are very rare. He's not the Matri, Pelle, etc type of confidence striker that only scores when in good runs of form and loses confidence when not scoring or playing often. Those guys often suck as 4th choice types because they don't have the confidence and aggression to make a great impact off the bench...

Zaza is perfect for the role because of his unnatural confidence and work ethic. Even though I disliked Quags. It was the same with him. They are perfect bench strikers because they always have that self-belief.

You sell them if they want to leave, or they have an adverse effect on the team with poor mentality, which Zaza has not shown yet.
But you need to understand, another season like that for him and he will want to leave,
he will force our hand and his value will drop from 30M to 15-20 at best.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
First of all, he did complain. but that's not the point... let me rephrase.
Zaza is not good enough to be a starter, and IMO will never be. but he will not accept his role - he wants to play more and I get that, but there are levels you have to go through in order to play for Juve, and he lacks the patience.
And to be perfectly honest, I just don't think he's smart (football smart I mean) enough to be successful.

He hardly complained. He always said he wanted to fight for time on the pitch, and always knew he would have to. You all are confusing his agents words with his.

As I said. I want a 4th choice striker who has confidence and self-belief and is willing to fight for more playing time. If he decides he wants to leave because we aren't giving him enough playing time, sell him. But as long as he's happy fighting for a spot here and maintains that confidence you don't sell him unless someone is offering over 30 mil.

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
He hardly complained. He always said he wanted to fight for time on the pitch, and always knew he would have to. You all are confusing his agents words with his.

As I said. I want a 4th choice striker who has confidence and self-belief and is willing to fight for more playing time. If he decides he wants to leave because we aren't giving him enough playing time, sell him. But as long as he's happy fighting for a spot here and maintains that confidence you don't sell him unless someone is offering over 30 mil.
OK that's fair enough I guess :)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
OK that's fair enough I guess :)
:)

Don't get me wrong. 30mil+ we should sell him. But I wouldn't sell him for under that, as what he offered us last season was quite a bit. Let him give another go this year which he wants to do, and make a decision next summer, or even when teams are desperate at winter mercato.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)