Simone Zaza (3 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Leicester in for Zaza?
By Football Italia staff

Juventus will meet Simone Zaza’s agent for talks amid reported interest from Leicester City.
The former Sassuolo striker has had restricted game time with the Bianconeri this season and is believed to be frustrated at his position.
Sport Mediaset has reported today that Juve director Giuseppe Marotta has a meeting booked with Zaza’s agent to try and clarify the Italy international’s future.
Claudio Ranieri’s Premier League champions Leicester City are very interested in making a move for the forward, according to the outlet.
Despite his lack of regular game time, Zaza has an impressive scoring record this season, having an average of a goal every 106 minutes.
The 24-year-old has scored five times in 17 Serie A appearances overall since arriving from the Neroverdi last summer.

OP
Salvatore
May 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3,924
    Simone Zaza’s agent admits it’s “normal” his client is linked with a move, but the striker is focused on Juventus.

The Italian international joined the Bianconeri from Sassuolo last summer, but has struggled for playing time, making just four Serie A starts.

Despite this, the forward has managed five League goals, leading to suggestions he could move elsewhere, with Leicester City reportedly interested.

“It’s still been a very good season so far,” Christian Maifredi insisted in an interview with Calciomercato.

“It’s normal that every player wants to play, but eight goals already is a good haul.

“There are still two League games to go, plus the final of the Coppa Italia and I hope he’ll have the opportunity to play and get into double figures over these last three matches.

“Simone is always working to improve, he’s a young player that has plenty of room for improvement.

“It’s also normal, for these reasons, that there will be transfer rumours. He is solely concentrated on finishing the season well with Juventus though, and then his head will be on the European Championships with Italy.

“Are there meetings scheduled with Juventus? No, the situation is extremely fluid.”

http://www.football-italia.net/83828/agent-‘zaza-focused-juventus’
    Nothing the player, his agent or credible sources mention suggest he's looking to leave this summer. Why would he? He'll get more playing time next year IMO.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
    Dearest Simone.

Today I watched the match with my 4 day old son.

He wasn't awake when Hernanes scored, but he woke up with 25 minutes left, and he was propped up and wide awake when you scored.

Thetefore, the very first goal as a Juventino that he has seen was yours.

Just saying.

No pressure
    Sorry for the late reply , congrats for your son .

Best things in life for him .

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    We shouldn't sell IMO. It's so difficult to find players like him who sit on the bench and make their contribution once they get a chance.

We could benefit from it financially but eventually we'll have to replace him with someone cheaper. There's always a risk that guy would turn out to be useless or if he turns out the opposite then he wouldn't accept the bench role.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    We shouldn't sell IMO. It's so difficult to find players like him who sit on the bench and make their contribution once they get a chance.

We could benefit from it financially but eventually we'll have to replace him with someone cheaper. There's always a risk that guy would turn out to be useless or if he turns out the opposite then he wouldn't accept the bench role.
    Lap adult looks like an option we would consider if we sold Zaza. Though I'd be sorry to see him and his grinta go. He is Quaglite.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Lapadula you mean, he could cost as little as 5m even and at most 10m, so its ideal solution to sell high and get backup replacement much cheaper. Who without seeing a single game but few clips, frankly looks like he is better then Zaza, overall more of a skillfull type of opportunistic goalgetter.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Zaza has the potential to be a really good striker. Look at his goal tally, is no fluke. He scores almost everytime he plays.

If we lose Morata, we should really consider keeping him. The problem is, he will most likely do not like to be a benchwarmer for 2 seasons straight.

Im very curious to see how the board will handle the forward situation. After the summer window opens, marotta and co will have to solve morata´s deal ASAP. After that, they will be able to define their strategy. At this point is pretty clear they have a morata plan and a no morata plan....wich will trigger the moment the morata deal is solved.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Lapadula you mean, he could cost as little as 5m even and at most 10m, so its ideal solution to sell high and get backup replacement much cheaper. Who without seeing a single game but few clips, frankly looks like he is better then Zaza, overall more of a skillfull type of opportunistic goalgetter.
    I agree with the first bit, especially if Allegri and management don't see Zaza as a regular contributor going forward...

But I don't know how we could determine that last bit. Lapadula is 26 and this is basically his first season even playing in Serie B... He looks good there, he looked good in Lega Pro too... but it's still not top flite football.

Zaza is 24 and has been playing in Serie A for 3 years now, has a phenomenal goal-minute ratio this year. He's improved by leaps and bounds all 3 of his years in Serie A, and I don't see why that wouldn't continue next year. Just the fact he has 3 years of Serie A experience places him head and shoulders above Lapadula as things currently stand. A 26 year old terrorizing Serie B really isn't all that impressive in my books.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I agree with the first bit, especially if Allegri and management don't see Zaza as a regular contributor going forward...

But I don't know how we could determine that last bit. Lapadula is 26 and this is basically his first season even playing in Serie B... He looks good there, he looked good in Lega Pro too... but it's still not top flite football.

Zaza is 24 and has been playing in Serie A for 3 years now, has a phenomenal goal-minute ratio this year. He's improved by leaps and bounds all 3 of his years in Serie A, and I don't see why that wouldn't continue next year. Just the fact he has 3 years of Serie A experience places him head and shoulders above Lapadula as things currently stand. A 26 year old terrorizing Serie B really isn't all that impressive in my books.
    Yep. And Zaza has also even scored in his CL debut. The guy is trusty and battler.

We should carefully analyze the reason of selling him. A lot.

- - - Updated - - -

sell for anything above 18M.
    And then?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    I think people are disregarding the fact that in order to be a top team you just can't have the 50 mil starting striker. You need depth.

It's all fine and dandy having that 50 mil starting striker, or even a pair of starting strikers but if you have sacrificed the depth on the bench for it, what happens if they get injured, go through a stretch of poor form, late game subs when they tire, and so on.

If we have Cavani-Dybala say, and then two 5 million rated strikers coming of the bench, we're in trouble. You want a 15-20 mil rated striker(s) off the bench, as impact subs and rotation options... so you don't fall off a cliff in terms of quality at the position any time your first choice isn't available. Especially if you play in a 2 striker system like we do.

Zaza is a perfect rotation striker, at the price and salary he is at. If he's happy here, wonderful. Sure we could replace him for cheap and it wouldn't be the end of the world. But we're going to be hard-pressed to find a player with his impact for any cheaper than we paid for him.

- - - Updated - - -

buy somebody else, like that Swiss kid Embolo.
    So sell Zaza... and spend over 20 mil on a replacement option? :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)