Simone Pepe (15 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
He'll be 32 in the summer.He's on 1.3M ending contract.
Would you give him a new let's say 0.8M 1 year deal?
if it was a random player with his ability, age and this history of injuries i would definately say that we shouldn´t renew with him.
the question is, how important is he in the dressing room, i.e. for the team spirit. i always thought his contribution in this regard probably gets overrated but over the years pretty much every player and both coaches praised him for that... obviously i don´t think that we should keep players only because they are great guys but if he can stay injury free he could still be a somewhat useful member of the squad. a typical squad player #25/26 like padoin.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I'm sure he's a great guy and a friend in the sressing room,but isn't it better to let some youngster with a future career take his place?
With a much smaller wages as well.
I think it is.
But let's see how the season ends,maybe he'll show something else to us and the club,that will be worthy to let him stay on low wages.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
normally i would advise you to read my post again but if that´s really everything you got out of it by reading it the first time you probably shouldn´t even bother.
although i have to admit that my first sentence is quite misleading as i phrased it poorly.

I'm sure he's a great guy and a friend in the sressing room,but isn't it better to let some youngster with a future career take his place?
With a much smaller wages as well.
I think it is.
But let's see how the season ends,maybe he'll show something else to us and the club,that will be worthy to let him stay on low wages.
didn´t see your post at first.
well just to be clear: i´m not saying that he should stay instead of us bringing berardi back or something ^^.
imo he could be a filler like padoin. hard working, versatile, reliable and still happy even if he doesn´t get many minutes.
i don´t really like young players for this kind of job because they need playing time. for example, i fully support the decision to loan out matiello.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
if it was a random player with his ability, age and this history of injuries i would definately say that we shouldn´t renew with him.
the question is, how important is he in the dressing room, i.e. for the team spirit. i always thought his contribution in this regard probably gets overrated but over the years pretty much every player and both coaches praised him for that... obviously i don´t think that we should keep players only because they are great guys but if he can stay injury free he could still be a somewhat useful member of the squad. a typical squad player #25/26 like padoin.
Sorry but no.
I know, then you go and contradict urself saying we shouldnt keep players because they are great guys, but no.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If Pepe plays anything like he did last night we won't have to worry about him just being a dressing room personality, he has been very useful and a lot sharper than I thought he would be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)