Simone Pepe (15 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I wouldn't bet on him to ever recover to anything else than a shadow of his former self. I really like this guy, but let's be realistic. Apart from Coppa games I don't really expect him to ever actually play for Juve again.

Quaglia18

May 8, 2012
He was a big asset for us before, so why would he theoretically not be now, back in that form?
Watch out now, he might try to tell you that he never was and we would have done just as well without him in 11/12, like most of the Pepe haters on here. Not saying he's world class, but compared to our current crop of options on the wing, he would surely be use full.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There's always a danger of 'out of sight, out of mind' when a player is injured for so long, but it's not easy to forget that Pepe's skill set was very important for us, we don't have a similar player who is comfortable going both ways with and without the ball.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Watch out now, he might try to tell you that he never was and we would have done just as well without him in 11/12, like most of the Pepe haters on here. Not saying he's world class, but compared to our current crop of options on the wing, he would surely be use full.
I guess you have shit figured out, so I don't need to respond :tup:

I am not a Pepe hater, but unlike you I am not blinded by how useful he actually is. He has been out for like 18 months, and for him to regain form and fitness it might take time (or he might never regain that form). We are talking about a player who relies on hard work and tireless running, as his talent is very limited. Players like him need to be at 100% to truly contribute (to compensate for their limitations and very basic skill set).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)