Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
...no matter how you look at it from your eyes, yes.

From 90% of everyone else, no.
When you throw in a number like 90% you'd better have support for it otherwise you will look more ridiculous than you already are and no one will take you seriously anymore. Not that anyone does anyway.

---------- Post added 03.03.2012 at 10:43 ----------

And fact is Marco Marchionni >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Giovinco

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
In terms of his contribution to Juventus Pepe wins by a landslide.
In terms of mins given by Juve, then yes Pepe wins by a landslide but I bet you gio was more productive than Pepe.

---------- Post added 03.03.2012 at 09:08 ----------

When you throw in a number like 90% you'd better have support for it otherwise you will look more ridiculous than you already are and no one will take you seriously anymore. Not that anyone does anyway.

---------- Post added 03.03.2012 at 10:43 ----------

And fact is Marco Marchionni >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Giovinco
If you don't take me serious, then why do you bother replying?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
In terms of mins given by Juve, then yes Pepe wins by a landslide but I bet you gio was more productive than Pepe.
Well I'm certainly no fan of Pepe, but his contribution and impact to the team this season is much much bigger then Gio ever produced. Gio is light-years behind Pepe in terms of what impact and how vital to the team a player can be or was for us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well I'm certainly no fan of Pepe, but his contribution and impact to the team this season is much much bigger then Gio ever produced. Gio is light-years behind Pepe in terms of what impact and how vital to the team a player can be or was for us.
Well, interesting argument you have there. You are absolutely right because Giovinco was given a fair chance at Juventus this season with Conte as coach and in a completely different formation/tactics than under our 3 previous coaches.

Solid hypothesis. :tup:

---------- Post added 03.03.2012 at 11:10 ----------

You know, especially since Pepe had to go against Nedved for a season or two, Camoranesi and DP. :agree:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
So far he didn't impress when given the chance. He was always blowing hot and cold with a lot of kicks and flicks but not so much efficienty to his play, while Pepe was quite the opposite when given the chance.

I too think we should be bringim him back, but not in for Pepe, someone with different characteristics whould be brought in his place, but should be brought as a sub to Vucinic, but his attitude shows that he is wants to be playing regulary and not being a rotation player.

While at the same time if we bring some creative forward I think he won't have a place left, since Vucinic will become our sub and rotation player.

All in all I don't care what happens with him, I can't see him a good player for a top club he is a new Micoli, good for a small team, which so far he has proven, nothing more.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pepe can be hot and cold as well. His first touch & passing let him down quite often, actually. All Pepe has is his work ethic.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Oh Pepe is joke of a footballer who somehow can make a decent cross. But with all the limitation he has he still is crucial to our success this season which Gio never was and imo will never be in the future. That's the difference between Pepe and and the midget.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Oh Pepe is joke of a footballer who somehow can make a decent cross. But with all the limitation he has he still is crucial to our success this season which Gio never was and imo will never be in the future. That's the difference between Pepe and and the midget.
See, your argument might actual hold water if Giovinco was actually able to play in this same team with Conte as the coach in this same formation, then you might have an argument.

But you don't because we added how many new players this summer? How many wasted players did we buy to suffice our creativity void that amounted to nothing? How many coaches have we gone through, etc...shit this list can go on Raz, but at the end of the day until Pepe & Gio are in the same team with Conte as coach, etc you simply can not say with any kind of factual knowledge that Gio never was or will be...etc.

You put Pepe in a 442 with Zacheroni or Del neri as coach and you will see absolutely nothing out of him, as expect. But you see what Conte did for Pepe? Imagine what he could do for gio...

These arguements are so invalid it's ridiculous. There is no "difference" between the two yet because they haven't played together under this coach and tactics!!

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Well the argument look what Conte did with Pepe imagine what he would do with Gio is nonsense. Look what he did with Krasic, or what he's doing to Elia, or whatever. You don't have to put two different players in the same team and the same situation to be able to compare them. You can judge them by their history adn you can see what to expect from them. In other case why would we need to buy any top player, lets just buy any mediocre guy and hope Conte turns him into world beater.

Hustini, I'm not totally against Gio, but I don't think he has the quality some of you are saying he does to me he has peaked, I don't think he will improve a lot in the future and be really better then he currently is. So if he wants to be a sub sure, but it seems he wants a regular playing time, which I don't think he is good enough for in Juve.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well the argument look what Conte did with Pepe imagine what he would do with Gio is nonsense. Look what he did with Krasic, or what he's doing to Elia, or whatever. You don't have to put two different players in the same team and the same situation to be able to compare them. You can judge them by their history adn you can see what to expect from them. In other case why would we need to buy any top player, lets just buy any mediocre guy and hope Conte turns him into world beater.

Hustini, I'm not totally against Gio, but I don't think he has the quality some of you are saying he does to me he has peaked, I don't think he will improve a lot in the future and be really better then he currently is. So if he wants to be a sub sure, but it seems he wants a regular playing time, which I don't think he is good enough for in Juve.
Krasic starting failing epically before Conte ever came to this club. Last winter was when Krasic started going to hell in a hand basket.

End of the day, Gio is better than Pepe.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
yeah, I think you're right about Krasic, but still I think they don't need to be played in the same team to compare there impact on team.

All in all Gio might be better and probably is, but he never was for Juve.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
yeah, I think you're right about Krasic, but still I think they don't need to be played in the same team to compare there impact on team.

All in all Gio might be better and probably is, but he never was for Juve
So many things to say to this.

Let's say you Pepe in Parma surrounded be medocrity like gio is there. Do you think, that Pepe would do what he did here over there? You don't possibily think that the fact that Pepe is surround by an all star midfield supported by a fantastic full back like Licht has anything to do with Pepe's success this season?

Gio never was "great" for Juve consistently because he was never given consistent playing time. But he certainly had great moments.

---------- Post added 03.03.2012 at 13:27 ----------

Does anyone actually think that if Pepe were to go to Parma that he would be able to score as many and assist as many as Gio already has at parma?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I'm not saying Pepe would be better. I'm saying that Gio wouldn't be 2x player just because he upped the quality around him, and from what I have seen he is a player that plays best in low key teams. In the Azzurri he has better players yet he somehow isn't anything special.

It's not all about people around you, you would have to have will, drive, ethics, determination not just talent. And so far Gio has shown he has talent and that's it and he isn't a kid anymore we can see what his personality traits are compared to lets say Pepe. Just throwing Gio in a better team doesn't guarantee him playing better.

Let's just agree to dissagree :p since i see this is not going anywhere.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm not saying Pepe would be better. I'm saying that Gio wouldn't be 2x player just because he upped the quality around him, and from what I have seen he is a player that plays best in low key teams. In the Azzurri he has better players yet he somehow isn't anything special.

It's not all about people around you, you would have to have will, drive, ethics, determination not just talent. And so far Gio has shown he has talent and that's it and he isn't a kid anymore we can see what his personality traits are compared to lets say Pepe. Just throwing Gio in a better team doesn't guarantee him playing better.

Let's just agree to dissagree :p since i see this is not going anywhere.
I agree here with the hypotheticals, etc. Why do I agree? Because it hasn't been tried yet. Until we play Gio here around good players we just won't know. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)