Simone Pepe (65 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If we had him at RB all year instead of Motta/Grygera we'd be a lot closer to top 4 right now.

You can't deny that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
In your opinion, using hindsight, would you have tried Pepe at RB instead of Motta/Grygera?
Before I shed light on my hindsight, please continue with your foresight please. I need to know exactly what inspires you so strongly to insist Pepe will make a nice RB?
Say what? There's no way to tell that and what reason do you have to believe that Pepe would make a fine RB?
One thread we have a mathematical genius and in another an inspiring Nostradamus.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well of course the player threads here have long been known for their higher level intellectual discussion.
Indeed.

These thread's geometrical dimensions are exponential, unlike our limited mental capacity to comprehend these almost perfect logical theories.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
I can't put my opinions in here?

Do I need to construct an essay or powerpoint presentation to show you that he's better than Motta/Grygera? Really?

I have said it a million times anyway. The same argument always transpires. I evaluate the player with my fucking eyes. I tell you what characteristics he possesses that lends itself better to a fullback in my opinion, I tell you how we beat Milan with him at left-back, I list all the things he did in that specific match (including stopping Pato 1 on 1) and then some idiot comes in here and says Grygera is a better option because "he's been a RB all his life". Then I post 8 goals directly faulted by Grygera in 7 starts and get no response.

I ask questions and no one answers. They just make smart remarks like above. I'm just going to assume you would stick it out with Grygera/Motta instead of using Pepe there. Even with the use of hindsight! And then you ridicule Del Neri lol...

I wonder how management figured out Zambrotta was better as a RB? Instead of using their eyes they must have compiled years of research and data I suppose.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I can't put my opinions in here?

Do I need to construct an essay or powerpoint presentation to show you that he's better than Motta/Grygera? Really?

I have said it a million times anyway. The same argument always transpires. I evaluate the player with my fucking eyes. I tell you what characteristics he possesses that lends itself better to a fullback in my opinion, I tell you how we beat Milan with him at left-back, I list all the things he did in that specific match (including stopping Pato 1 on 1) and then some idiot comes in here and says Grygera is a better option because "he's been a RB all his life". Then I post 8 goals directly faulted by Grygera in 7 starts and get no response.

I ask questions and no one answers. They just make smart remarks like above. I'm just going to assume you would stick it out with Grygera/Motta instead of using Pepe there. Even with the use of hindsight! And then you ridicule Del Neri lol...

I wonder how management figured out Zambrotta was better as a RB? Instead of using their eyes they must have compiled years of research and data I suppose.
Sorensen stopped Eto'o, a MUCH better striker for 90 mins and because of a bad pass allows him to get 1 shot on goal but because Pepe stoped Pato once on a 1 v 1 he nullifies Sorensen's performances?

I think we all might need to see a PowerPoint to understand this one. And yes, you are more than free to post your opinion kind sir, just don't expect everyone to agree with it...especially with Pepe as a RB.

In all honesty, I don't mind using him as a last resort when needed but certainly not as a starting RB.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You can but can we not criticize them mercilessly?

Do I need to explain to why you are being criticized for claiming that you know a player will do well in a position he has never had an extended run in? All because you "just know" he will do well there.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
You can but can we not criticize them mercilessly?

Do I need to explain to why you are being criticized for claiming that you know a player will do well in a position he has never had an extended run in? All because you "just know" he will do well there.
Obviously I am being facetious when I say things like "watch him own". Didn't think I'd have to explain that one here.

And sure, criticize all you want but you guys ask me to provide an introduction, body and conclusion to my post while you just sit there and laugh.

So tell me, with the benefit of hindsight, would you still play Grygera/Motta over Pepe? Would you at least try Pepe there?

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Sorensen stopped Eto'o, a MUCH better striker for 90 mins and because of a bad pass allows him to get 1 shot on goal but because Pepe stoped Pato once on a 1 v 1 he nullifies Sorensen's performances?

I think we all might need to see a PowerPoint to understand this one. And yes, you are more than free to post your opinion kind sir, just don't expect everyone to agree with it...especially with Pepe as a RB.

In all honesty, I don't mind using him as a last resort when needed but certainly not as a starting RB.
You just put words in my mouth and then asked me to make a powerpoint to understand it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You just put words in my mouth and then asked me to make a powerpoint to understand it.
I did not put words into your mouth because I was asking a question...You would rather play Pepe after 1 game at RB than Sorensen who has been just fine. You seem to think, and correct me if I am wrong, that Pepe's RB performance is enough to oust Sorensen from it, right?

In hindsight I would have tried Sorensen at RB looooooonnnnnngggg before Pepe.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
And sure, criticize all you want but you guys ask me to provide an introduction, body and conclusion to my post while you just sit there and laugh.
Who asked you for all of that?

So tell me, with the benefit of hindsight, would you still play Grygera/Motta over Pepe? Would you at least try Pepe there?
I'd have no problem giving Pepe a shot at RB in a less important match.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
I have a problem doing it when we have a perfectly fine Sorensen to do it instead.
I can only imagine what you would have said if someone said to you before the season, "I bet this 18 year old CB can play RB better than Grygera/Motta".

I wonder how they would "prove it" to you.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I can only imagine what you would have said if someone said to you before the season, "I bet this 18 year old CB can play RB better than Grygera/Motta".

I wonder what how they would "prove it" to you.
I'm all about playing youth, especially over Grygera. Not sure about Motta cuz I didn't know much about him, even after Dusan made him out to be so good:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)