Simone Pepe (66 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
His decision making and end product in attack is poor in in Palermo game.. Our chance goes begging when he misshot the ball from Motta cross and also lot of misplaced one-two pass.. He seems tired also

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
His decision making and end product in attack is poor in in Palermo game.. Our chance goes begging when he misshot the ball from Motta cross and also lot of misplaced one-two pass.. He seems tired also
Yeah, and given that a lot of energy in his game is his main attribute, it's a pretty worrisome situation. I actually think most of Pepe's games are going to be like the games we saw today, we need Martinez back, at least to give this guy a rest every once in a while.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This worked with Zambrotta because well... he was a very talented player who has a lot of footballing intelligence. Pepe? Pepe isn't even half the player Zambro was, so this might not work. DN can try it out and see, but should be cautious about it.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Pepe doesn't have the technique of Zambrotta, but I think he's a fairly intelligent player. It's worth trying him as a fullback but I wonder who'd play on the left wing?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I wouldn't play Pepe at fullback or Lanza at LW if we have an alternative.

Did nobody see in the first half of the last match when a Palermo attack was broken up in our box and the ball came to Pepe on the wing. He passed it right back to a Palermo player on the edge of our box and Chiellini was forced to make a rash sliding challenge.

He will be more aggressive than PDC which is nice but expect to see bonehead errors like this from him.

Keep him at LW and Lanzafame on the bench.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I wouldn't play Pepe at fullback or Lanza at LW if we have an alternative.

Did nobody see in the first half of the last match when a Palermo attack was broken up in our box and the ball came to Pepe on the wing. He passed it right back to a Palermo player on the edge of our box and Chiellini was forced to make a rash sliding challenge.

He will be more aggressive than PDC which is nice but expect to see bonehead errors like this from him.

Keep him at LW and Lanzafame on the bench.
:tup:

Jul 2, 2006
Say whatever you want but he was a very poor choice of winger. He wasn't even one of top 5 in Udinese who are relegation battler. He is a waste on wing, we can only hope that Martinez can deliver something and Pepe could adapt himself as left back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)