Simone Pepe (32 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I think he's gonna do well. He's actually just the type of player that would frustrate a team like this Inter side. Inter have been facing alot of "sluggers" this season, and they really don't know what to do with them. This inter team is a bunch of pussies that can be outfought, and Pepe will help us do it.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
first 20 mins were poor but after that, he was inspirational.

Angelo di Livio would be proud ;)

heh. oddly enough i was watching the game yesterday on a bad stream and near the 90th minute my stream died and i thought about biscuits. and that made me think that first 20 mins were poor but after that, he was inspirational.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
heh. oddly enough i was watching the game yesterday on a bad stream and near the 90th minute my stream died and i thought about biscuits. and that made me think that first 20 mins were poor but after that, he was inspirational.

Now if he could cross like di Livio .....

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Oh my.

Is there people saying he had an oustanding performance last match? Is this for real?

The guy has many qualities, like stamina, teamwork, etc. Very useful when it comes do defending.

But his main job is to attack, for Christ sake. People forget that. And he cannot play good offensive football. He just lacks the necessary skills.

He was having a horrible match until that play. That´s far from being good enough.

Juve needs more talent in the wings, desperately. The midfield is carrying the whole offensive end.

No more Pepe. Please. Yes, he is a fighter. He fights the opposite side and the ball all the time. He´s an enemy of the ball. Can't stand him anymore.

What happened to skills? Is it secondary in football nowadays? That's just sad.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
what we actually do see is that there are many players that struggle to cross nowadays ... i can't believe its due to lack of crossing technique ... it could well be that those gas station fabric balls are a cause of those very high overhit crosses that find no target ... it is definitely more difficult to cross with a light ball thats not out of leather because most of the time you do not even get a good curve/spin on the cross, when the surface and the ball is wet.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
what we actually do see is that there are many players that struggle to cross nowadays ... i can't believe its due to lack of crossing technique ... it could well be that those gas station fabric balls are a cause of those very high overhit crosses that find no target ... it is definitely more difficult to cross with a light ball thats not out of leather because most of the time you do not even get a good curve/spin on the cross, when the surface and the ball is wet.
that's the only way of defending pepe: blaming the ball.

Just kidding :)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
that's the only way of defending pepe: blaming the ball.

Just kidding :)
if it was only pepe, i would not have written it, bro ;)

i actually saw technically gifted players blast the ball too high on crosses consistently lately, especially from the byline ...

just take vargas as example ... he is supposed to be pretty good at crossing and even he had many times where he literally hit the 9th floor with his crosses ...

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I see.

Anyhow, I kind of agree with you - He is very horrible attacking, but IMO makes up for it by working hard and defending. I don't want him to be a fulltime starter in our team, but I've concluded that this guy is useful to have in the squad.
That's my point. He can't make it up for being such a shitty player offensively, because his first job is to attack, specially in a 4-3-3 as he's been played by Conte. He can't do well his primary and basic task.

Also, the number of balls he loses is higher than it would be with a tecnically gifted player... that's why he's always chasing it. The team should be able to control much better the game with someone better in that position.

Summing it up, for a club which wishes to be huge in Europe again, Pepe cannot, by any circunstances, be a starter.

Mar 24, 2006
Oh my.

Is there people saying he had an oustanding performance last match? Is this for real?

The guy has many qualities, like stamina, teamwork, etc. Very useful when it comes do defending.

But his main job is to attack, for Christ sake. People forget that. And he cannot play good offensive football. He just lacks the necessary skills.

He was having a horrible match until that play. That´s far from being good enough.

Juve needs more talent in the wings, desperately. The midfield is carrying the whole offensive end.

No more Pepe. Please. Yes, he is a fighter. He fights the opposite side and the ball all the time. He´s an enemy of the ball. Can't stand him anymore.

What happened to skills? Is it secondary in football nowadays? That's just sad.
stfu

So what ? Vucinic also missed those chances as well

Jul 1, 2010
That's my point. He can't make it up for being such a shitty player offensively, because his first job is to attack, specially in a 4-3-3 as he's been played by Conte. He can't do well his primary and basic task.

Also, the number of balls he loses is higher than it would be with a tecnically gifted player... that's why he's always chasing it. The team should be able to control much better the game with someone better in that position.

Summing it up, for a club which wishes to be huge in Europe again, Pepe cannot, by any circunstances, be a starter.
Word.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)