Simone Pepe - Winger - Udinese (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Good luck Pepe! Now that you are here we will support you, but you better up your focking play!
Hopefully you'll become handy over the course of season.

oh and no more backheels please, leave that one to Diego..

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If we haven't signed his contract yet than I hope he gets injured during the WC. Nothing too serious but enough to prevent any transfers.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
pepes signing might actually not be that bad, considering that football does not only have an active part of the game but much work to be done passive (without ball on the feet) and this is where pepe might just be better than most of our current midfielders.

if pepe plays and diego stays it just means the opponent has to actually mark pepes run which leaves less players of the opponent be able to concentrate/double up on diego... as always the more players run the more the opponent has to care to mark those runs leaving more space for the ball holding player...

Mar 30, 2006
I wonder why we went after Pepe so much instead of Alexis Sanchez.. if anything I think he would be a much more accurate Camo replacement cuz of his technical ability and trickery.

I dont think it is worth our time to spend so much money on a player who does better work off the ball then on it .. you dont pay 10 million for a player who is good at distracting defenders from covering the good players. I hope to god he proves all of us wrong and has an amazing season though.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
pepes signing might actually not be that bad, considering that football does not only have an active part of the game but much work to be done passive (without ball on the feet) and this is where pepe might just be better than most of our current midfielders.

if pepe plays and diego stays it just means the opponent has to actually mark pepes run which leaves less players of the opponent be able to concentrate/double up on diego... as always the more players run the more the opponent has to care to mark those runs leaving more space for the ball holding player...
something we we lacked last season without camo playing and having poor full backs who did not threat enough.

In saying what you posted though, any winger who runs would offer the same quality. whether Pepe was that player is a different question.

considering he hasnt played 1 minute for juve yet, i'll wait to see how he plays in the WC and how he goes after several games with juve before continuing the pepe bash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)