Simone Pepe - Winger - Udinese (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Smaller teams will always be interested in a player like Pepe, he's not that bad. We've managed to sell players like Marchionni and Molinaro, so there's no reason to think we couldn't sell Pepe.

Having said that, I don't think we'll be looking at selling him, as he's a better back up player than some of the players we have, think Brazzo, or even PDC on the flank.

It's not a great transfer, not the one we all hoped for as a first signing under our new management, but we can still hope he's only a backup solution, as we're not paying a cent for the first year. We're basically not using any of our transfer kitty for the summer. Like I said earlier, we should be getting some European success and getting into the CL again, and with our new stadium we should have more income and those 2.5m a year... we'd hardly notice.

Let's hope it's like this and we end up signing better wingers as starters, starting with Krasic. :xfinger:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
lets hope we have just signed another Zambrotta,a guy who looked ok but no world beater until he pitched up in Turin

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Who else would be crazy enough to buy him from us
Molinaro :eyebrows:

Hopefully there will be no need to sell him, but if he won't be good enough and if we want to sell him after, say, 2 seasons, I'm sure he'll still be worthy around 4-5m eur so we can get back some of the money we'll need to pay for him.

Buying him was probably a mistake, but the way we're buying him was done well. We won't spend money from this year's transfer budget, which is really important, and from next year the expectations are to have more money. CL, new stadium etc, should provide more cash so those 2.5m eur we'll be paying for him annually won't be felt at all.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
:lol:

Damn from the reactions here it looks like we signed own goal scoring machine and we are going to finish last next season...

rainhard

May 5, 2004
At least he is a better finisher than Amauri.

Full Name Simone Pepe
Birth Date August 30, 1983
Birth Place Italy
Height 1.78m
Weight 73 kg
Age 26
Position Forward

2009/2010 Stats

Game:30
Sub:14
Goal :7
Assist :4

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Isn't Pepe more of an offensive winger? His position is more a right winger in a 4-3-3 formation than a right midfielder in a 4-4-2? Do you guys know if Del Neri likes to play with more offensive players on the flanks in his 4-4-2 than Ranieri did?

Blueorb

May 31, 2010
the agreement is around 10m..i don't wish juve to buy such a player...when Juve bought unknown camoranesi, I didn't feel bad this way...

I am a bit dissapointed with marotta and del neri as they are not concious enough to realise that they are no longer in sampdoria who challange for 4th place...wth

God save our JUVE

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
lets hope we have just signed another Zambrotta,a guy who looked ok but no world beater until he pitched up in Turin
Zambrotta was (with bari) "much" better than this guy though. Him and cassano were one of the league's best up and coming talents back in those days.

I remember being really excited when we first had interest in Zambrotta. With Pepe am little disappointed, the guy is nothing special and for 10 mil thats alot IMO....

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
"It's an important day for me. We have agreed on everything. I have to speak with Juventus, I am just waiting to sign" -Pepe

Juventus, the team where average Italian players can fulfill their dreams of playing for a big club.
:frown2:

Sidindi

Jan 18, 2008
This has Cristiano Zanetti written all over it. Same type, same quality player.
Even if the price is steep, we have injury problems, and gigantic teams like Real buy expensive players as backups too. Its not a big deal, we just need a solid starter. This guy will be very useful. Think of him as a Zanetti, or a MUCH improved Marchionni.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I'm surprised of the critism againt Marotta, Del Neri and Pepe already, and the new season is months to begin!
We all know from what we saw that Pepe isn't exactly great, but give him a break, give him a chance to prove himself
we all made Diego and Melo stars before they even touched the ball, well I hope this time we judge after we see what he can do, as well as Del Neri and Marotta, only by results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)