Legend or History?

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
I think the most WTF sale was Llorente.
No it wasn't.

Fans make up theoretical value's of players in their head and than act as if a player is worth that amount, not understanding that the market itself - and only the market - determines the value of a player, which includes the salary of a player. And in the case of Llorente - because of his way over the top salary - the market determined his value to be zero.

Marotta had two options: Keep Llorente and his salary of 8 mln before tax or give him away for free, saving 8 mln euros a year. There were no other options, no manager in the world could have gotten a different deal, it's not like Marotta didn't try to get more for weeks. It was either or in the end. Everything else was and remains wishful thinking.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Really? €28m for a player that wanted to leave. And a free signing? Decent business.
2 yr loan at the time was a wtf deal.Wouldnt have minded a straight sale but i was bamboozled at the time why we were doing such kind of a deal.

We're getting money alright but it kinda annoys me that he's already a €30M player.Not that i miss him or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)