[SI] Football Manager 2008 (3 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Ive played CM all my all my life.I only installed FM 2008 a few days ago...and its better,much better.Ive understood a lot of the functions,but i need some help with the training mode.

1)I havent really acessed the training mode,or made any changes/adjustments there.Does this mean that my team is not getting any training,or that they're being trained under the default function?

2)How do i train a player to play in a new position?

3)Can we manage national teams too?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 15, 2006
1) Default is not very good, and wont improve players' whom have potential, make different training for different positions is what I reccommend.

2) If you go to the players training screen via the left drop down menu, you will see: "Train new position" and you can then select one.

3) Indeed.

Apr 15, 2006
my current lineup

--------Buffon--------------

L. Di Silvestre----Criscito/breno----Andrade/chiellini----de ceglie/cheillini

--------A. Luci-----tiago------Steve Defour

------------V.d.Vaart------------

---------trez/Cavani-------Huntelaar\Figueroa

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just won the treble in my 2010-2011 season. It was a breeze actually.

Buffon

Rafinha - Zapata - Criscito - Chiellini

Veloso

Montolivo - Xabi Alonso

Giovinco

Rossi - Huntelaar

Best part of the team is the defense... only allowed 14 goals in Serie A last season. I've had them since my first season and Rafinha and Zapata cost me only 20 million Euros combined.

Giovinco#20

Sebastian Giovinco
Aug 21, 2008
I want to go for Defour but my issue is, I want to sign realistic players. So I might go for Cigarini to replace Poulsen next season, but I may bring in Zapata because he seems to be a player Juve would sign, because he's big and strong.

My best defense was my last season, where I conceded 20 goals, not as good as you but :p it wasn't to bad.

Apr 15, 2006
Looks like a good team, De Silvestri is amazing one of my best players, what season are you in?
2011-12 i guess. i won the treble the previous season, but lost the European Super Cup to Manure! :yuck:

the worst part is that Gio has been unhappy at the the competition in midfield ever since i bought him! his contract runs out at the end of the current season, and we're in april now, and no one's even signed him on a free. and i dont wanna let him go! i've started him for a whole 19 games in the league and praised him like heaven, but he's still unhappy! :sad:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
So the Napoli directors asked me about the season's targets.I selected a mid table finish,and they gave me a bigger transfer and wage budget for that.

Will i get the boot if i end up in a relegation dogfight at the end of the season?Or will i be getting a 2nd chance?Do note that this is my 2nd season with Napoli.For the first season,i chose avoiding relegation as the target,and i achieved it.

Giovinco#20

Sebastian Giovinco
Aug 21, 2008
Defour becomes an absolute monster in season 2, I also suggest Steven Jovetic.
For some reason Fiorentina have such a good squad in the game, Kuzmanovic, Jovetic, Defour, De Costa and they sign so many players in my game!

:D I still manage to beat them 2-0! Does anyone have any experience with Cigarini?

Apr 15, 2006
never tried Cigarini!

anyways, started a new season and Balotelli and Bolzoni arrived on free, with Diego comin for $15m, along with a few other defenders! Balotelli assraped my opponents so far, scoring against everyone he's played against, and diego's pretty much the same case! this is gonna be awesome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)