Show us your desktops! (5 Viewers)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

It's not full of viruses. It contains Bullguard antivirus IIRC.
full of shite anyways, you don't get what you want everytime... And as Sebastian said Ares rocks!!

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Duel monitor hey? My friend talked me into doing it, but it was all too wierd moving the windows from one monitor to the other and looking at two monitors. However, the moment I start using Flash, Photoshop or Permiere again I'll be sure to dust off my second monitor.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by P.E.T.O ] ++

full of shite anyways, you don't get what you want everytime... And as Sebastian said Ares rocks!!
i told you! ;)

my friend showed me it about 4 months ago and ive had it ever since

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
oh and gray i like the dual moniter thing, im going to try it

i have a 2nd moniter but how do you set it up like that with one computer? any adapters required or something?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++

i told you! ;)

my friend showed me it about 4 months ago and ive had it ever since
the only bad thing is that it isn't that large yet, I don't find much Finnish material... :( But in over-all it's definitely the best so far, haven't used that much DC++ though...

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #314
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    Graham thats frigggin awesome :D :D :D
    Why thank you my dear :)

btw I think that's your first post where:

1) you complimented me without it being sarcastic
    2) you didn't make fun of me

Bravo ;)

++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    Duel monitor hey? My friend talked me into doing it, but it was all too wierd moving the windows from one monitor to the other and looking at two monitors. However, the moment I start using Flash, Photoshop or Permiere again I'll be sure to dust off my second monitor.
    Indeed, once you start using programs where the toolbars alone would take up 2 monitors, it comes very much in handy. As we speak I've got the forums open on one monitor, and Excel, live score updates and Winamp on the other one :cool:
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    Gray, cool stuff man.
    What's "my lovely new tablet"?
    Ahh you've never seen a graphics tablet before? It's bloody excellent. It's the smallest and cheapest one but it serves my purposes ;)

Basically it's an input digitiser. You use a wireless pen that comes with the tablet and draw on the surface of it. It's got 512 levels of pressure sensitivity (you can get upto 1024 AFAIK if you're willing to pay the extra bling). that I can use to determine things like the brush size/opacity, which comes in handy when I'm doing detailed shading and stuff. Check out the writing on the picture I posted, it's got slightly varying stroke sizes depending on the natural pressure I put on the pen as I write :geek:

http://www.wacom.com.au/products/graphire/graphire3_index.html

oh and gray i like the dual moniter thing, im going to try it
    i have a 2nd moniter but how do you set it up like that with one computer? any adapters required or something?
    You need a graphics card that has two output ports. I've got a cable that converts my DVI output into regular monitor RGB, which is where I plug my second monitor into. Lemme know if you got any more questions ;)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

You need a graphics card that has two output ports. I've got a cable that converts my DVI output into regular monitor RGB, which is where I plug my second monitor into. Lemme know if you got any more questions ;)

thanks, butp lease could you explain in english next time :D

does a radeon 9600 pro have 2 output ports?

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004

thanks, butp lease could you explain in english next time :D

does a radeon 9600 pro have 2 output ports?

The new graphic cards have two type of outputs: RGB and DVI.
    The one on the left is RGB(standard) the one on the right is DVI(Digital).
    You can either have one at a time(depending on which you are using respectivly), or both at the same time. If one of your monitors doesn't have DVI, then you get an adapter that plugs into the DVI and makes it just like a RGB. Then you can use two at the same time.

Yes 9600 pro has it, that is the card in the picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)