Show us your desktops! (11 Viewers)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #242
    In photoshop, when you're saving the image, you can either save it as a GIF or a JPEG. If you choose a JPEG, you'll get an option for the copmression level, along with a preview of the image and its size at that compression rate. Hope that helps :)

Jul 19, 2003
    It worked and the reason I didn't try it before is that I got the idea that gif's are smaller than jpeg's. I concluded that when you made me that avatar that I could never get below 20 kb by making it gif. I'm confused now.:confused:

Anyway, here it is

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Tina ] ++

ok ok since i admire what forza does and think that she's gonna have bright future in this field, guess i will be able to work and help her for free.

though i really like idea about the restaraunt :LOL:
    Yep...

Here go again, I thought Forza was a guy! :)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    It worked and the reason I didn't try it before is that I got the idea that gif's are smaller than jpeg's. I concluded that when you made me that avatar that I could never get below 20 kb by making it gif. I'm confused now.:confused:

Anyway, here it is
    I also get confused with gifs and jpgs... But I know that they are both smaller than bmp :D.

Nice kitty on your desktop, btw.

Jul 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

I also get confused with gifs and jpgs... But I know that they are both smaller than bmp :D.

Nice kitty on your desktop, btw.
    That's about as much as I know too. :D

And it's a Leopard.......I don't think he appreciates being called a kitty!!:devil:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++

That's about as much as I know too. :D

And it's a Leopard.......I don't think he appreciates being called a kitty!!:devil:
    I am sure if I saw that animal in nature I surely wouldn't call him a "kitty" :)
    Hell, I'd just look for a tree to climb on!

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++

hmm why dont i just open an enterprice ;)
    and we could get those jobless juve fourm memebrs a ajob ;)
    i'm not jobless but glad to work with u

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    .gif is smaller, but .jpeg is better for images with a fair bit of detail in them (like a photo).

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Tina ] ++

guess u even haven't seen her pic :rofl:
    Hmmm... I think if I saw her picture I would not think that it's a guy :D

++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

.gif is smaller, but .jpeg is better for images with a fair bit of detail in them (like a photo).
    Thanks. Then .jpeg must be much worse quality wise than .bmp, correct? Otherwise why is .bmp much larger in size than .jpeg?

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #255
    Thanks. Then .jpeg must be much worse quality wise than .bmp, correct? Otherwise why is .bmp much larger in size than .jpeg?
    Jpeg compression scans the image for repetitions in colour, while bitmaps store the information for every single pixel in the image

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #259
    well that depends on the compression level really

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
    i would like to attach my desktop,but my only resizing unit available in my software is "pixel"...so,i dunno :( i have to know the maximum dimensions in "pixels" :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)