Should We Get Rid Of Del Piero (1 Viewer)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
No way!!!!!!!!!!!!
Del Piero is Juventus! His heart is bianconero! Without him, Juve won't be the same! Just imagine Real without Raul or Roma without Totti or Milan without Maldini, it just doesn't work out!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yes. I'm all for it and I believe I have made some good points about it in the past. Few people here think with their head instead of their heart so most wont even think about selling DP, which would be the smartest thing for Juve.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Depends on the bids interested clubs (if there are any) put in. Anything equivalent to or higher than 30m I'd take. DP is my fav player, but the better half of his career is over. Sadly it's most likely down hill for him from here on in.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Yes. I'm all for it and I believe I have made some good points about it in the past. Few people here think with their head instead of their heart so most wont even think about selling DP, which would be the smartest thing for Juve.
Euro2004 will be the turning point for me. If DP is good I don't really see the sense in selling him since he still has alot to offer Juve when he's on form.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
But he's 30, and we have to balance the books. We cand balance the books if we allow players with high value to retire with us.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Euro2004 will be the turning point for me. If DP is good I don't really see the sense in selling him since he still has alot to offer Juve when he's on form.
I think that he'll always be a risk. I mean, is it me or does he always injure himself at the hieght of form and take months to get it back?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
This question reappears every couple of months.... :stress:

If you want to think of him as a liability, dont think about him being a financial liabilty. Many of you say his wages hurting juve. well, i dont think it's that bad considering that he puts fans in the stands, he sells so many kits and he's one of the most famous italians in the world. Many Asian and US fans adore him.

Juve's decision to keep him is almost like Real Madrid's decision to buy Becks. It's all Marketing. so please, dont look at it financialy, as i'm sure his huge image/popularity pays for his own wages. It balances out in the end i think.

as for Football reasons, there's no doubt he isn't gonna get any better. we're just waiting for a long patch of good form. Personally, i think we should keep him, but give Miccoli more chances to start. (also Chiumento for the years to come).

you never know when you'll need him. think of him as Juve's Recoba.

OP
BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    WE HAVEN'T HAD A GOOD STRONG STRIKER SINCE HE LEFT. OK KOVACIEVIC WAS GOOD BUT NOT CONSISTANT AND TRESGUET SEEMS ABSENT ON THE BIG GAMES

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    IM JUST SICK OF SEEING TREZ SO ISOLATED DURING THE BIG GAMES. MICOLLI IS OUR BEST PROSPECT,DI VAIO HAS NO CONFIDENCE DEL PIERO IS INJURY PRONE,ZALETYA IS INJURED ON LOAN WHAT SHOULD WE DO FOR THE BIG GAME AGAINST THE MILAN

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Miccoli and Maresca are barely fit to play ( i doubt they'll do well)
    Di Vaio is off form.

I'm interested to see Chiumento play with Miccoli and DV.

incomplex

Mar 2, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    This question reappears every couple of months.... :stress:

If you want to think of him as a liability, dont think about him being a financial liabilty. Many of you say his wages hurting juve. well, i dont think it's that bad considering that he puts fans in the stands, he sells so many kits and he's one of the most famous italians in the world. Many Asian and US fans adore him.

Juve's decision to keep him is almost like Real Madrid's decision to buy Becks. It's all Marketing. so please, dont look at it financialy, as i'm sure his huge image/popularity pays for his own wages. It balances out in the end i think.

as for Football reasons, there's no doubt he isn't gonna get any better. we're just waiting for a long patch of good form. Personally, i think we should keep him, but give Miccoli more chances to start. (also Chiumento for the years to come).
    you never know when you'll need him. think of him as Juve's Recoba.
    To keep him...true but not as a regular
    Use him a a Super Sub...big matches
    Young player...Miccoli,Chiumento,Gasbarroni should be given enuff chances to matured and become the hottest property for Juve:eek:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by incomplex ] ++

To keep him...true but not as a regular
    Use him a a Super Sub...big matches
    Young player...Miccoli,Chiumento,Gasbarroni should be given enuff chances to matured and become the hottest property for Juve:eek:
    exactly what i meant :)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i cant see it happening. i think the fans may kill moggi if he did sell him. i think miccoli and del piero are our set support strikers. eventually miccoli will start ahead of del piero, but having as sub is great.

there are others to sell before him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)