Shooting practice for Ibra (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Goal-shy Zlatan Ibrahimovic was forced to stay behind after training on Wednesday in order to practice his shooting.

While the rest of his Juventus colleagues were under the showers in the changing rooms, the striker was held back by boss Fabio Capello for some extra work in front of goal.

Perhaps concerned over the Swede’s lack of accuracy recently, Capello devised a personalised session for the former Ajax sensation.

Capello launched numerous through balls to Ibrahimovic who was then faced with the task of beating third-choice ‘keeper Landry Bonnefoi.

Ibrahimovic impressed in his debut Serie A campaign last term by netting 16 times as the club went on to lift the Scudetto.

However, he has been struggling in the League this season and has just six goals to his name with only 10 games remaining.

He’s also been guilty of missing golden opportunities in recent matches against Parma, Chievo and in both European ties against Werder Bremen.

With the Coach unhappy about relying solely on the goals of David Trezeguet and Alex Del Piero, he’s set about trying to improve Zlatan’s finishing.

To his credit though, Ibra has scored three times in the Champions League this term while he failed to pierce the net at all in the same competition last year.

Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2
    Hopefully Cap will let DP start against Milan & stop letting Zlatan wear his balls as earrings:D

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Hoping that Capello will start knowing that Zlatan needs more time on the bench as well.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    This is like studying for an exam 1 hour before the exam where you have been all semester smoking ganja with your roommate. Will he pass the exam? Only if luck was on his side.

I think Capello got that a bit too late. (Noting anothe rmistake from our super world class coach)

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Actually he's done that for quite some time now. I remember both Aftonbladet and Expressen writing they've seen him done a lot of finishing practice in training with Juventus. Though I don't think that is the problem. I've seen him train with Sweden twice, and he's placing(?) is great. He just need to be more cold in matches, where it matters. He has never struck me as someone who can deal with preasure. Hopefully that is something that gets better and better with age.

Tino

Il Tedesco
    Feb 1, 2005
    maybe it will help him to practice!!

GO Ibra, come in as a Joker against Milan, and show all the hater what you can do dude!!

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Azzurri7 said:
    So he only needs cold and It's fixed???
    Pretty much yeah. Even though I'm not a fan of responding to fantastic sarcasm, but being cold in such situations doesn't get fixed that easy. It's like telling a bullied boy he needs to be confident. Though I believe it will get easier for him the more accepted he get by the Juventus fans, so don't expect any miracles this year...

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    pecker said:
    Actually he's done that for quite some time now. I remember both Aftonbladet and Expressen writing they've seen him done a lot of finishing practice in training with Juventus. Though I don't think that is the problem. I've seen him train with Sweden twice, and he's placing(?) is great. He just need to be more cold in matches, where it matters. He has never struck me as someone who can deal with preasure. Hopefully that is something that gets better and better with age.
    I think he only needs to sit on the bench.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    pecker said:
    Pretty much yeah. Even though I'm not a fan of responding to fantastic sarcasm, but being cold in such situations doesn't get fixed that easy. It's like telling a bullied boy he needs to be confident. Though I believe it will get easier for him the more accepted he get by the Juventus fans, so don't expect any miracles this year...
    I don't even want to wait for miracles next year.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Don't you think his other problem could be releasing the ball at the right time and place from his feet? What about for a player with his hight to start scoring some goals with his head knowing that we usually or most of the time play our boring crosses. Or that he should handle himself in some occasions and TRY to be class?

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Jeeks: yes i know, I think that's like that twelth time I see you saying that. And yes you are successful, its getting quite annoying.

azzurri: When he's on form, he knows when to release the ball. Look at the first like 10-15 matches this year, he set up tons of goals. Also look at the Swedish NT where we have a lot of players running into the penalty area as soon as Ibra get the ball. It gets dangerous almost every time.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    pecker said:
    Jeeks: yes i know, I think that's like that twelth time I see you saying that. And yes you are successful, its getting quite annoying.

azzurri: When he's on form, he knows when to release the ball. Look at the first like 10-15 matches this year, he set up tons of goals. Also look at the Swedish NT where we have a lot of players running into the penalty area as soon as Ibra get the ball. It gets dangerous almost every time.

We're talking about Juve not Sweden pecker. Ofcoarse he can be Involved in many goals, but thats nothing to prove that the ball does stick in his feet when he should release it. meaning that setting goals has nothing to do with keeping the ball or not.

He actually didn't start bad the season though I wanted to see more from him TBH. and I don't want to count the matches that he failed to Impress, but they're alot. pretty much alot.

That said that Capello is spoiling him, because It wont matter for him performing good or bad, he'll know that next time his daddy will be selecting him once more.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    That we are talking about Juventus and not Sweden is irrelevant, you missed my point. I mean he knows when to release the ball, and Juventus(Capello) is using him wrong.

And with games he did not impress, impress is a strong word. He hasn't been amazing in a lot of games, but when I looked over the pagelle he hasn't done as many crappy games as people claims he's done.

Yeah I agree that Capello is spoiling him, he shouldn't play as much as he's doing at the moment. About he's headers, na they aint good enough. You have to agree he's improved in that area though. When he got here he was a horrible header, now he's just a bit below avarage(a player with he's size should really be top of the line in this aspect of the game though).

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
    May 4, 2004
    Azzurri7 said:
    We're talking about Juve not Sweden pecker. Ofcoarse he can be Involved in many goals, but thats nothing to prove that the ball does stick in his feet when he should release it. meaning that setting goals has nothing to do with keeping the ball or not.

He actually didn't start bad the season though I wanted to see more from him TBH. and I don't want to count the matches that he failed to Impress, but they're alot. pretty much alot.

That said that Capello is spoiling him, because It wont matter for him performing good or bad, he'll know that next time his daddy will be selecting him once more.
    Thats right.. This is the problem.. Zlatan has to think "okay i have to performe or i might be dropped next time, but he dosent because he knows that Cap will play him" and thats very bad.. Capello should start benching Zlatan...

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    pecker said:
    That we are talking about Juventus and not Sweden is irrelevant, you missed my point. I mean he knows when to release the ball, and Juventus(Capello) is using him wrong.

And with games he did not impress, impress is a strong word. He hasn't been amazing in a lot of games, but when I looked over the pagelle he hasn't done as many crappy games as people claims he's done.

Yeah I agree that Capello is spoiling him, he shouldn't play as much as he's doing at the moment. About he's headers, na they aint good enough. You have to agree he's improved in that area though. When he got here he was a horrible header, now he's just a bit below avarage(a player with he's size should really be top of the line in this aspect of the game though).
    How can you say he improved in that area? He only became worse in all areas compared to last season. And in some areas, he's become horrible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)