Shevchenko could have died (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Shevchenko could have died :eek: :eek: :eek:

Milan have revealed that Andriy Shevchenko was lucky not to be fighting for his life after picking up a head injury on Saturday.

The Ukrainian has been ruled out of action for a month following an accidental clash of heads with Cagliari’s Simone Loria.

But it could have been a lot worse for the striker, who today will have two titanium plates fitted as a result of a fractured cheekbone.

"Had he been hit just a centimetre higher, full in the temple, then his life could have been at risk," said professor Massimiliano Sala, a member of the club’s medical staff.

That incident in Milan’s 1-0 win on Saturday brought back memories of a similar clash back in November 1982.

Italian legend Giancarlo Antognoni almost died when he was kneed in the temple by Genoa goalkeeper Martina.

The classy Fiorentina playmaker lost consciousness, and even had head surgery, but fortunately survived with no consequences.

It was initially expected that Shevchenko would only miss two games but that is now looking increasingly unlikely.

He’s now set to be sidelined for both Champions’ League games against Manchester United, with a possible return only pencilled in for after the Easter period.
--------------------------------------
From Channel4

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 30, 2004
well he was pretty lucky that it wasnt more serious.... lucky ... just like milan .... anyway am glad hes ok .. hes a great player.... anyone has pics of his face .. i saw only one i feel really bad for him.. he could be in the next batman movie as the doubleface guy

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++
    well he was pretty lucky that it wasnt more serious.... lucky ... just like milan .... anyway am glad hes ok .. hes a great player.... anyone has pics of his face .. i saw only one i feel really bad for him.. he could be in the next batman movie as the doubleface guy

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    Watch it tonight on TV5 Liga Europa, they will definitely show it

Juve89

The Farmer
    May 27, 2004
    I`m glad that it wasn`t more serious, it looked really painful when they showed it on the sports news yesterday...
    i hope he gets well as soon as possible cuz he is a great player:)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Definitely. He may play for Milan, but he's an asset for Lega Calcio in general.

But I gotta say, "He could have died" has to be one of the worst stupidities any journalist could ever utter. It falls into the sensationalist trap of, "Blah blah blah didn't happen. But it could have!"

Sorry, but "could have", "would have", "almost", "nearly", etc. used in any story isn't news but pure fabrication. Like Inter's Scudetto campaigns of the last 10 years.

I just walked over to the mailbox to drop off a letter. A car coming around the corner rather quickly didn't exactly hit, maim, and/or kill me, but it could have. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)