Sheva aims his "Century" goal on Buffon (1 Viewer)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Sheva Eyes Century Mark against our Mighty Buffon
From Channel4

Milan’s Andriy Shevchenko says he’s looking to score his 100th goal for the club against Juventus on Saturday.

The Ukrainian moved to 99 strikes for the Rossoneri last week when he scored twice in the 3-0 win over Sampdoria.

And now he’s looking to reach the magical hundred mark after just four seasons with the San Siro outfit.

"It would be wonderful if I could complete this great achievement with a goal against Juventus," said the international.

"However, I’m not too keen on statistics. It seems as if my teammates are more interested in the landmark than I am."

The two sides have met each other frequently in recent months after their battles in the Champions’ League and the Italian Super Cup.

But now they are battling for solitary leadership in Serie A as they both have 19 points from their first seven games.

"Milan are as strong as Juventus," he added. "That was the case last season too even if they won the Scudetto and reached the Champions’ League Final."

Although confident of Milan’s ability, Shev admits that he does fear a certain member of the Juve side.

"Pavel Nedved is an extraordinary player," he added. "One of the few men in the world that can make the difference. It will be tough to stop him."

Shev was also questioned about his future. "I have three years left on my contract and I would love to end my career here," he added.

"But for that to happen then I must be certain that I can still be of real use to this club in the years to come."

-

So do you guys think he'll score against us on Week 8?

I think he'll be jinxed for saying that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i think he will score.....

he's scored 5 goals against us in 4 seasons...

i really want a good result from this game. It'll be a true test for our offense (most goals scored in serie A) against their toight [/goldmember dutch accent] defense which has conceded the least amount of goals in serie A.

I also hope Lippi is working on our defensive concentration. We dont seem that tough in defense anymore. juve are conceding too many late goals.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
bugger the cocky bastard! lets hope he fecks up badly-I admire him because he is good-but against Juve, I don't give a shit about him, except in a bad way ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't really agree with you guys, Sheva doesn't seem cocky or arrogant, judging by his comments

"It would be wonderful if I could complete this great achievement with a goal against Juventus," said the international.

"However, I’m not too keen on statistics. It seems as if my teammates are more interested in the landmark than I am."

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
lol-he probably will score against us-and that is why I call him a bastard. Otherwise, I admire him....he's an excellent player

Oct 30, 2003
sheva is an excellent player and a nice person. Please show some respect for him as i - a Milan fan do respect your players like DP, Neved..they are all professionals. It's going to be a tight game on Saturday but i think Milan will come out winning.
Good luck to u guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)