shame he's spainish. (1 Viewer)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

@John: We also lost Ujfalusi to Fiorentina :down:
Like someone cares, we got Cannavaro instead... Ujfalusi will never be even near as good as Canna IMO...

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Everyone says spanish players can't play in Italy...but how much of those spanish players were central defenders? plus even if he doesnt do well, its good enough that arsenal don't get him, eventho it's gonna be hard to persuade him not to join arsenal.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
hmm, i;ve only heard about this recently, so can anybody give me an example of a spanish taboo thing? which players?

We do need some young defenders, they not neccessarily have to be teenagers, but atleast under 25!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
hmm, i;ve only heard about this recently, so can anybody give me an example of a spanish taboo thing? which players?
I'll give you just one, gigantic flop: Gaizka Mendieta

now it's the other's turn... :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
spaniards may not do well in italy,but someone has to break the trend.whatever the reason for this phenomenon it sure ain't permanent.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Spanish factor?

That's only superstition.

It's a fact that some spanish had difficulties (I mean, huge flops), but they're not all the same. Some of them could adjust to Serie A. And like Incomplex said, if he comes over while still young he'll learn!

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
since tht arsenal wants him,,then he will turn up 2 be a superstar,, (c reyes + fabrigas),, i hope we get our hands on him BRONTO.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++
hm......if Arsenal are interested....then he really is talented then
Yes, like other talented players they have brought like Pascal Cygan, and Wiltord and Kanu!

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
spaniards may not do well in italy,but someone has to break the trend.whatever the reason for this phenomenon it sure ain't permanent.

How stupid are people, its obvious why they dont succed in Italy, because the level is much higher, a striker in Italy for example cant have the ball for more than 2 seconds before 2-3 defenders wack him, in Spain its easy for strikers, just look at Corradi and Di Vaio.
Also defenders may struggle from Spain to Italy, because defenders in Italy is extremely tactically clever and has a huge understanding for the gameplay, they most read every move. Its the mentality.

This is why Italian football is and has always been the best in the world, every aspect of the game is cleverly thought out.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by incomplex ] ++
i think we can break this by buying young spanish player and let them stay with us and learn the way to play in Seria A in the early age...
Thats the biggest crap ive ever heard, why should we do a spaniard a favour like that, when Juve already has talented Italians like Chiellini who already knows the way of play in Italy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)