shame he's spainish. (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
Arsenal are lining up another raid on Spanish football with Sevilla youngster Sergio Ramos their latest target.

The Gunners took Jose Antonio Reyes from the Primera outfit last term and are now plotting to prise away another of the club's home-grown youngsters.

Arsenal are understood to have watched Ramos twice in recent times: in the league defeat to Barcelona last weekend and during Spain's Under-21 international with Scotland.

The 18-year-old defender, who can operate in central defence as well as full back, made the breakthrough to Sevilla's first-team last season and made a total of seven appearances for Joaquin Caparros's side.

Caparros is a huge admirer of the youngster and gave him his chance to shine as a 16-year-old in a friendly encounter.

Since then, Ramos has developed rapidly and is considered as one of the best defensive prospects in Spain.

Arsenal have rejuvenated their squad with the captures of Spanish starlets Reyes and Francesc Fabregas, and have also been credited with an interest in Ramos's Sevilla team-mate Jesus Navas.

However, they are not the only club to have been alerted to Ramos's potential, as Italian titans Juventus are also believed to be scouting the cultured stopper.
Ramos - who scored the second goal in his side's Uefa Cup triumph over Nacional on Thursday night - is under contract for a further two years at Estadio Sanchez Pizjuan, and Sevilla are keen to tie him to a new long-term deal.

The youngster, who was born in Seville, is a lifelong Sevilla fan but, just as Reyes was, could well be tempted by the prospect of a move to Highbury if Arsenal decide to firm up their interest.

------------------------------------------------------

ive heard of this guy on a number of occasions and he is apparantly a very very classy defender...they only problem is the age old spainiard in italy problem...will it work?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    its a shame about the spainish factor, there are sooo many talented spainiards lately...damn.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Arsenal already has THE best spanish prospect in the world with Cesc, so it doesn't surprise me that they are interested.

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    i would love to try it out, but cant honestly see it happening.

May 4, 2004
    I think we should try it...

and about Francesc Fabregas, i REALLY think that he will be a BIG STAR... ! i saw 3-4 matches with him this season, and WOW he really rocks the midfield and the sametime helping out his attackers, and he is only 17 or 18 it think, but he plays like a 28 years old player!!! he is great !

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    well its definately an area which moggi needs to look into. he missed out on many young talented defenders this season and its no secret that cannavaor and thuram are ending their careers within the next few seasons.

im sure this young talent isnt the only one out there, but i would feel it shameful if moggi let another young star slip by. chivu, mexes and ferrari all did, lets not allow more missed opportunities in the future.

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    its a shamefull fact we lost three of the best young defenders to our second biggest enemies...and lost three of our biggest talents to our biggest enemy....fiorentina...quite silly really.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I've never heard of this Ramos guy, so I'll see if I can check him out when next Sevilla are on TV.

@John: We also lost Ujfalusi to Fiorentina :down:

Edit: They're not playing Barca this weekend.

rldyu

Sep 6, 2004
    everytime there is a young 'potentially good' player out there, it seems that i always hear juventus' name mentioned....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)